Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Old tv programmes/serials

(99 Posts)
lemongrove Sat 01-Dec-18 17:11:56

Is there an old programme you would like to see being repeated?
Gold and Dave etc do have some good old ones, but there are some that never see the light of day again.
I would like to see The Onedin Line again.

Nanah67 Tue 15-Jan-19 22:57:56

Little house on the prairie and the waltons ..loved them
Duchess of duke street
House of Elliot
When the boat comes in
Upstairs downstairs have most on dvd
Now love call the midwife

Beau Tue 15-Jan-19 23:08:51

Definitely 'Brideshead Revisited', 'Our Friends in the North' and 'The Men's Room' - I would literally look forward all week to the next episode of those three - it's many years since I could say that about a drama series - I only watch 'Only Connect' and 'University Challenge' now. ☹️️

Jessity Tue 15-Jan-19 23:20:05

Forsyte Saga
Magic Roundabout
Howards Way but only till the lead actor died
The series with Hannah Gordon as ? a bank manager and Peter Egan as stay at home husband

gmelon Sat 19-Jan-19 01:12:39

Im addition to my earlier post I'd love to see The Pogles. It is a children's programme. I think part of Watch with Mother.
I've not come across anyone who has heard of it.
I'm sure some of the Gransnetters will know it though

Grandma2213 Sat 19-Jan-19 03:37:58

I've just watched 'Roots' again and I think it was more powerful than when I first saw it in the late 70s. I would like to rewatch 'Tenko' and a film about the 4 minute warning, then the atom bomb went off and it followed the life of a family, English I think. I can't remember its name and I don't ever remember it being repeated which always made me suspicious. Does anyone else remember it?

BradfordLass72 Sat 19-Jan-19 04:46:10

I've never had a TV but I know some of the series you mentioned because a lot of them are on DVD.

When I came back to NZ, someone gave us a very old TV and it lasted long enough for me to enjoy The Sullivans, which I wish they'd bring out on DVD.

And when I babysat for friends, I enjoyed the hilarious Mother and Son on their tv. This one is on YouTube I'm glad to say.

harrigran Sat 19-Jan-19 10:26:48

Randall and Hopkirk (deceased).

Floradora9 Sat 19-Jan-19 16:44:10

Ever Decreasing Circles having just read Richard Bryers biography he was just like the character he played .
I used to love Jeux Sans Frontières how we laughed at the antics .
All good clean fun though in real life Richard was a constant swearer .

seacliff Sun 20-Jan-19 21:35:05

This post made me start searching for programmes. On alibi I found The Coroner, which I enjoyed.

Jomarie Sun 20-Jan-19 22:17:52

Dr Kildare
Bonanza
When the Boat comes in ( I have the box set)
Rawhide
The A team
My wife next door (John Alderton and Pauline Collins) (I always thought they had got it right ie married/separated but living nearby - would have worked for me and OH)
Twizzle (anybody on here remember him?)
I am sure when I go to bed tonight loads of other remembered programmes will keep me awake until the wee small hours - ah well, better that than the other c...p !!

sassenach512 Sun 20-Jan-19 22:30:22

gmelon I remember the Pogles as a child, I think it was called 'Pogle's Wood' though, that one takes me back grindo you remember 'Rag, Tag and Bobtail' and 'Tales of the Riverbank'?
What about:
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
77 Sunset Strip
One Step Beyond
Mystery and Imagination
The Human Jungle

I could go on and on..grin

Purpledaffodil Sun 20-Jan-19 22:32:15

Talking Heads - The Complete Collection [DVD] www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0006PTYOW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CAprCb3WKRPY9?tag=gransnetforum-21
I’d forgotten this one

sassenach512 Sun 20-Jan-19 22:33:07

Jomarie I remember Twizzle! omg this is such a memory trip grin

gmelon Mon 21-Jan-19 00:03:54

sassenach512 Pogles Wood, yes that was it. Was there a little Prince involved? Tales of the riverbank, yes i remember, I think my adoration of guinea pigs began then.
Rag Tag and Bobtail i didn't see.
My television viewing was restricted as Grandma disapproved.

Any takers for Lizzie Dipping?

sassenach512 Mon 21-Jan-19 16:56:44

gmelon I'm not sure about the prince in Pogle's Wood but I think blackberry wine came up in it somewhere grin
I remember Lizzie Dripping lol How about Noggin the Nog?

LullyDully Mon 21-Jan-19 18:30:46

Nogin the Nog and Nogbad the bad........great. What a wonderful voice Oliver Postgate had........see also Ivor the Engine.

sassenach512 Tue 22-Jan-19 20:39:32

Don't forget Thor Nogson Lully smile

Eloethan Tue 22-Jan-19 23:47:56

I've just remembered some American programmes I liked - The Defenders, The Dick Powell Show, One Step Beyond, Outer Limits.

travelsafar Thu 24-Jan-19 08:20:25

Emergency ward 10 was one of my favourites plus The Saint with Simon Temple and Ironside.

travelsafar Thu 24-Jan-19 08:20:52

Oh and Dr Kildare!! smile

sodapop Thu 24-Jan-19 10:23:14

I loved The Saint too, Roger Moore and his eyebrow.

GabriellaG54 Thu 24-Jan-19 12:58:20

Tales Of The Unexpected. Spooky in it's time. ?

EllanVannin Thu 24-Jan-19 13:04:14

I'm watching " For the Love of Ada " @ 5.30 daily ( ch81 ) and " Bread " ( ch20 ) @ 6.40 nightly.