Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Endeavour

(134 Posts)
Sparklefizz Mon 11-Feb-19 08:49:43

Is it just me or did the storyline of Endeavour last night seem far-fetched and ridiculous?

Ilovecheese Mon 04-Mar-19 15:34:36

I'm with you Cheesey I absolutely loved it!

NanKate Mon 04-Mar-19 21:14:03

Brilliant, poignant acting in that final episode, the best of the lot. Pleased to hear there will be a new series next year.

I can understand your unsettled feeling Gettingit, hope you are ok.

LadyGracie Mon 04-Mar-19 22:21:56

We watched the final episode of this series tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it, we're already looking forward to the next one.

Speaking of good TV series I've read today that Happy Valley and Last Tango in Halifax are also coming back grin

Floradora9 Tue 05-Mar-19 15:08:53

I feel Thursday got off very lightly just handing back the money and straight into a new job . If you have never read the Morse books do give them a try. Colin Dexter was a great writer and such an intelegent man .

Sparklefizz Tue 05-Mar-19 20:35:50

I thought the ending was a pantomime - totally ludicrous, like the Wild West. Someone mentioned that it was only Clint Eastwood who was missing! John Thaw would be turning in his grave methinks.

seacliff Tue 05-Mar-19 20:54:07

It was all wrapped up a bit neatly, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I had expected at least one of the "goodies" to be killed.

I have somehow only just got into Endeavour, and have wanted to watch the previous programmes. I can't find series 1 now, I've watched series 2 , and series 3 is just starting on ITV3. It's not an ideal way to watch!

I think Shaun Evans is great in the role (agreed not mad about the moustache though).

loopyloo Tue 05-Mar-19 21:08:50

Just seen that last episode! Brilliant. Loved it when those two turned up to support Morse.

gulligranny Thu 07-Mar-19 21:59:00

Just like Cheesey - we thought it was great stuff, a bit Magnificent Seven (minus a few). Good old fashioned values and standing up to the bullies, Fred & Win back together and the wonderful, heroic, upstanding, simply splendid Mr. Bright back where he needs to be. Oh how I love him! OH was a bit worried about Dr de Bryn being bumped off but remembered that the older version also appeared in "Morse", so that was all right. So glad there'll be another series.