Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts.

(870 Posts)
merlotgran Mon 25-Mar-19 19:47:18

I'm starting this new thread as apparently our other one was over a year old!! shock

We'll have to do more gossiping to prevent this happening again.

Here's a link to the old one.

www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1241862-The-Archers?msgid=27150464#27150464

suziewoozie Fri 16-Aug-19 16:46:51

merlot

Yes

No

Joe will die during the night before the day they move so he never leaves Grange Farm so Ed will have a bed

Horrible Hannah will buy the house Em lost

Tracey will be installed rent free in Grange Farm as Oliver’s latest squeeze

I’ve no idea

Next question ?

SisterAct Fri 16-Aug-19 19:17:45

About time she was told. Good on you Neil !!!

LullyDully Fri 16-Aug-19 19:17:51

Good for you Neil!!!!

eGJ Fri 16-Aug-19 19:18:38

I heard the loud cheer for Neil from all TA Gransnetters! Never thought he'd do it grin

phoenix Fri 16-Aug-19 19:19:00

Well done Neil!

To think that Susan was about to try to scupper Ed's chance of employment! Hypocritical in the extreme!

merlotgran Fri 16-Aug-19 19:27:07

Another one cheering on Neil here.

As for Shula. [bored emoticon]

Lazigirl Fri 16-Aug-19 21:11:00

About time Neil. Perhaps he'll move in with Ed wink

Lazigirl Fri 16-Aug-19 21:12:59

Susan's a prize pantomime bitch.

Scribbles Fri 16-Aug-19 21:38:11

It's needed saying for years - but I never thought Nee-yull would be the one to say it.

Agree about the Shula yawn factor but I thought Ryan Kelly (Jazzer) put in a brilliant performance in the scene between the two of them.

Luckygirl Fri 16-Aug-19 21:42:55

Go Neil!! - good for you!

I have often wondered why Neil has put up with her all this time; and whether he knew what a moo she is.

merlotgran Fri 16-Aug-19 21:53:55

I think it's going to take more than a bowl of chilli for Susan to get the ring back in Neil's nose.

Will she reform??

Luckygirl Fri 16-Aug-19 22:25:06

I doubt it!!

Lazigirl Sat 17-Aug-19 09:19:05

What a clever illustration Merlot. Every time I hear Neil I will now imagine him with aforementioned ring in nose. Or not, watch this space!

craftyone Sun 18-Aug-19 08:03:37

I used to love the omnibus on a sunday, was a highlight, I tried again last sunday and switched off, it was so boring. They must have lost very many listeners

Lazigirl Sun 18-Aug-19 10:09:15

True Archers addicts put up with l o n g stretches of boredom for the juicy bits in between craftone.
I have tried to detox but am always enticed back by one exciting storyline and am back in its clutches once more. sad

gulligranny Sun 18-Aug-19 15:17:00

DH and I think that Emma & Will are going to get back together. It makes sense, doesn't it? She gets a house and he gets George back, and Keira and Poppy can be company for each other. The inter-family wars will make for plenty of juicy story lines too.

merlotgran Sun 18-Aug-19 15:34:40

I wouldn't be surprised, gulligranny though why anyone would want to shack up with mister miseryguts beats me.

If Will had kept his mouth shut Ed wouldn't have lost his job yet Emma, who never takes prisoners, let him off the hook without so much as a squawk.

gulligranny Sun 18-Aug-19 16:20:47

Well quite, Merlotgran - don't you feel they just belong together? And sweet Ed, who was only trying to get the loot to give Emma what she wanted, would then be free to find someone nice .... oh wait, this is Ambridge we're talking about, actually IS there anyone nice?

merlotgran Sun 18-Aug-19 17:16:25

Johnny's nice but he's a bit too young. grin

Scribbles Sun 18-Aug-19 17:26:33

OH and I were speculating that Whining Wiwyum might also lose his job. He worries constantly about doing anything to p* off Martin Wossname and now he's talking about taking more time off if Poppy needs him .. Doesn't the house he lives in go with his job?

Emmur could just jump out of the frying pan into the fire and might find herself living with the Grundys again but crammed in at #1 The Green with Eddie, Clarrie, Ed, Will and all the assorted children! (I assume the SWs will have written out Pore Old Joe by then)

phoenix Mon 19-Aug-19 19:28:40

Ok, please form an orderly queue for Wiwyum slapping!

You don't have to explain why you want to slap him, it will be assumed that it is 1 of 2 reasons, namely the whiney voice or him dragging Poppy off to A&E every time she coughs, sniffs or farts! Do they not have a G P in the village anymore?

I live in a rural community, and it's at least a 45/60 minute drive to the nearest hospital with an A&E dept!

Yes, I know Nick died of sepsis, but really, this is too much!

katie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 19:44:04

I don't think there is a GP in the village anymore Phoenix. Will is a bit of a drip, but I don't want to slap him, he's so scared his daughter will die sad. Does anyone else think Tracey is a good choice for the rich guests at Grey Gables, first impressions and all that?

katie1 Mon 19-Aug-19 19:46:10

I meant to say I think Tracey is a bad choice, the first person the rich guests meet ?

Sara65 Mon 19-Aug-19 19:51:11

I would like to join the queue, I’m finding him a bit creepy at the moment to tell the truth!

eGJ Tue 20-Aug-19 16:21:14

When do you think Eddie and Clarrie will remember to go and check up on Joe to find out how he is? !!