Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Victim

(87 Posts)
SisterAct Mon 08-Apr-19 22:29:47

Good viewing tonight at 9.00. On for four more this week?

Gonegirl Sun 14-Apr-19 20:51:48

Hmmm.

mumofmadboys Sun 14-Apr-19 22:49:29

I suppose it is not our job to judge. We need to care for both the victim and the perpetrator. Just pondering!!

maryeliza54 Mon 15-Apr-19 09:09:09

There’s a difference between judging are caring - we can judge what someone has done and find it totally unacceptable but still care about them. I think in the context of this particular scenario the issues are much more complex than in some other examples. There were many victims - the boy obviously to start with, Eddie, Anna and the members of both their families. The drug addict who carried out the attack- all far too complex for any easy judgement imo. But not all cases of murder are this complex and nuanced

maryeliza54 Mon 15-Apr-19 09:09:26

Are =and

BlueBelle Wed 17-Apr-19 08:18:15

I ve only just watched this on my ipad so late to the game I loved it, thought it was a very powerful message and what superb acting by the main character That last scene was moving on both sides for me how can you feel sorry for a murderer ... but I did
Well written, thought provoking and very well acted an excellent production

Sparklefizz Wed 17-Apr-19 11:03:46

I totally agree BlueBelle. I have actually watched it a second time on iPlayer because I thought it was so powerful and thought-provoking. There were so many victims, not just the obvious one.

Karanlouise Wed 17-Apr-19 12:42:17

Totally agree too, bluebelle and sparklefizz. Such a thought provoking and complex series that makes you look at many issues from different perspectives.

Elrel Wed 17-Apr-19 23:37:11

Bleak and disturbing but certainly memorable and thought provoking.

Marelli Tue 30-Apr-19 21:45:29

I've only just caught up with The Victim and really enjoyed it, but please, can someone tell me why the first husband (the murdered boy's father) was in prison?

Jane43 Thu 02-May-19 12:23:28

Martello, he was in prison for fraud as I remember.

Marelli Thu 02-May-19 13:53:39

Thanks, Jane43. It must've been something unrelated to the case, then.
Mystery solved. ?