Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Coronation Street

(118 Posts)
Gonegirl Fri 25-Oct-19 20:32:54

Sad wasn't it?

Very well done though.

Can't believe lovely little Sinead won't be in it anymore.

sad

harrigran Thu 16-Jan-20 11:08:06

I don't think the Yasmeen story seems that believable, if any man told me to do more housework or to do it properly he would be sporting panda eyes. Geoff will get his come uppance, the house is Yasmeen's, he is a freeloader. Last night he took her cards off her so a criminal too.

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-Jan-20 11:10:18

I could not agree more Doodledog, with Steve not far behind.

I had not noticed Summer was not there- has she gone for good? I do hope so.

Calendargirl Thu 16-Jan-20 12:58:16

I think David’s drugged rape seemed very topical last week when that serial date rape person was jailed for his awful crimes.

Sara65 Thu 16-Jan-20 13:01:04

We complain about it constantly, but out of habit we keep watching, don’t really look forward to it anymore though.

GrandmaJan Thu 16-Jan-20 13:07:23

harrigran I can assure you Yasmeen’s story is believable (to me anyway) and I’ve witnessed this happening several times in my previous job. Domestic abuse is very real and I’ve just been out with 2 friends who I worked with and we discussed this storyline and recalled cases we knew about. Sadly this is happening and is so sad. I’m just wondering how long the writers are going to continue with this. Personally I hope for not much longer

Jane10 Thu 16-Jan-20 14:30:52

I've never thought Yasmeen was a very convincing actress somehow. I find that storyline quite irritating. I am absolutely sure that sort of thing happens I hasten to add but it's not done well on Corrie.
Meanwhile, there are so many other stories going on too. What a soap!

Sara65 Thu 16-Jan-20 15:46:40

I don’t find this storyline at all convincing, I’m probably naive, but I can’t see a feisty, intelligent woman like Yasmeen, being taken in, especially when surrounded by friends and family.

NotTooOld Thu 16-Jan-20 16:10:16

Roy's flat must be full up but still he invites more people to stay there. Where is former businesswoman Carla going to go if the niece moves in? Isn't it about time Carla found herself a proper job or founded a dynasty or something? She must need the money to pay the hairdresser.

Sara65 Thu 16-Jan-20 16:19:54

I quite like the niece, I expect her and Karla will produce an amazing fashion label, and before we know it she’ll be a Karla clone.

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-Jan-20 16:21:01

I often wonder how so many of them have the money to buy breakfast so frequently at Roy's when they are either unemployed or probably earning the minimum wage. Where am I going wrong?

Jane10 Thu 16-Jan-20 17:03:47

It's worse on Eastenders. Elastic sided houses and no visible means of earning a wage either for so many of the residents. Just buy a villa in Portugal? No bother!

love0c Thu 16-Jan-20 17:09:21

Fed up of this storyline. Will be glad when it ends. Do so hope Geoff is caught out and is left on his uppers!! It is not only women who do what men want, it can be men doing what women want. A frightening situation for family members to watch either way.

Sara65 Thu 16-Jan-20 17:12:22

I don’t think I’ve ever gone out for breakfast in my life, do people actually do it? Or is it just a soap invention?

BlueBelle Thu 16-Jan-20 17:15:25

I like Dev but he’s an abysmal actor really wooden
What happened to his daughter and her self harming did that fizzle out or did i miss it

sodapop Thu 16-Jan-20 17:45:33

Yes why do characters just disappear from soaps without explanation. I agree about Dev also Steve McDonald, he is a terrible actor too but does make me laugh at times.

maddyone Thu 16-Jan-20 18:09:18

I’m amazed by how many of the characters supposedly have children, but the adults are always in the pub. Where are their children then?

Calendargirl Thu 16-Jan-20 18:45:45

The children will be looked after by other family members, as there must be so many step, half and blended families on CS.