Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Saturday night TV just awful

(109 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Sat 11-Jan-20 20:01:35

Started off watching The Greatest Dancer but had to stop. I couldn't bear that thing they do where you can hear what the audience and the panel are saying to each other during the performance. I then began watching The Masked Singer but Davina McCall was unbearable on it. So over the top! Saturday night viewing has just gone down the pan - it's so banal it's just dire. Thank God for Netflix!

ExperiencedNotOld Sat 25-Jan-20 21:11:53

We’ve just watched an episode of Inspector Montalbano recorded over Christmas. It says a lot about the state of Saturday night TV when a ham-acted cop drama in Italian with subtitles is miles better.

Juliet27 Sat 25-Jan-20 21:18:48

I’ve watched a programme on the Hawaiian Islands, Michael Portillo on a train journey through Alaska and now Bone Detectives. An interesting evening of tv for me!

Oopsminty Sat 25-Jan-20 21:19:31

We are watching the box set of Call the Midwife.

Never realised it was my thing until my eldest daughter insisted I try it

She was right

Can't get enough of it!

Ealdemodor Sat 25-Jan-20 21:27:56

I do like some rubbish on a Saturday night, and I’m loving The Masked Singer, while my husband pretends to hate it!
However, the other side of me, the history geek, has recorded the Ch. 5 stuff.
Happy viewing!

BlueBelle Sat 25-Jan-20 22:45:51

Saturday nights a good night for me Liking Masked Singer a lot totally crazy but that’s ok then a bit of the Voice before casualty That ll do I think it’s a Thursday that has literally nothing for me

Ellianne Sat 25-Jan-20 23:02:38

Oh yes Ealdemodor the Channel 5 history stuff is brilliant. Tonight was interesting, all about Bethnal Green, (my work stomping ground), during the war. And occupation in The Channel Isles.
I think Casualty is quite good at the moment with its treatment of Duffy's dementia.
Now we are watching SKY news and its review of tomorrow's papers.

Dollymac Sat 25-Jan-20 23:08:50

Saturday night TV, really is the worst...
I've just watched the Downton Abbey film, it was rather disappointing

Gfplux Sun 26-Jan-20 19:50:18

Wisting on Chanel 4 is the only good thing on a Saturday. Shame it finished this weekend. Hoping for another “skandy” type show to start next week.