Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Watercolour Challenge.

(55 Posts)
shysal Tue 11-Jan-22 09:05:59

Did anybody else enjoy watching this years ago? My new TV magazine tells me that it is starting again next week on Channel 5 at 4pm, weekdays. The host is Fern Britton, I think I am right in saying that it used to be Hannah Gordon.

ginny Tue 08-Feb-22 16:33:11

I enjoy seeing how the artists deal with the subjects chosen. Some of the venues have been disappointing this time. So many lovely places in Cornwall ( this weeks area) and today they have a rather ugly pool to paint.

snowberryZ Sat 02-Apr-22 08:22:29

I didn't enjoy this series.
I got the feeling the judges were trying too hard to ensure that everybody had a go at winning at least one challenge.
So there were times where I thought That's rubbish but I bet she'll win today because she hasn't won one yet.
All a bit infantile.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 02-Apr-22 10:36:33

I used to really enjoy the original programme and there was an outcry when it finished. I wrote to Channel 4 then but was told they liked to try new types of programme which made me laugh as I thought of the endless supply of cooking/decorating/ reality shows which appeared ad nauseam. Have looked a couple of times at the new programme but haven’t found it anywhere as good as the original.

snowberryZ Sat 02-Apr-22 18:07:35

I preferred the original.
I don't know why they had to mess with it.