Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I'm a celebrity.

(304 Posts)
Joseanne Tue 22-Nov-22 22:41:40

Continuation of previous thread .... if this works.

www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1317587-Im-a-celebrity?msgid=29749154

Aveline Wed 23-Nov-22 10:12:35

I really like Seann. He seems to be quite authentic in his reactions and comments. Doesn't pretend he's brave and openly admits how much he hated that trial. No false bravado. Also liked how he stood up for Matt.

tickingbird Wed 23-Nov-22 10:23:28

I agree ^Aveline*. He struggled to say something when they were bitching about Matt but did it anyway. I really like him. Also Owen is a big lad and needs a lot of food. He has visibly lost weight, bless him.

Chestnut Wed 23-Nov-22 11:06:29

I have to keep telling myself that Chris Moyles is only 48 which is just 4 years older than MH. He looks so much nearer George's age which is 61.

Callistemon21 Wed 23-Nov-22 11:14:59

BlueBelle

I ve always like George warts and all and I like him because he’s not two faced like a lot of them are, I feel he wouldn’t say anything behind your back that he wouldn’t say to your face
Chris is a whiner and was so childish when George was talking and being friendly with Sean what a tit! he should have gone
Pretty obvious Owen will win

He did talk behind Matt's back

But yes, I was warming to him too.
I can't warm to Chris at all.

I might have to start voting for the last woman standing

Zoejory Wed 23-Nov-22 14:20:39

I was willing to give George a chance because I really liked him from his heyday.

However, the day Matt arrived he almost walked due to the fact that his mother was in hospital and he couldn't visit. He actually phoned the hospital and said the infamous do you know who I am. Now that was ridiculous of him to do. Also I don't really understand why he blames Matt for that. The hospitals around the world were closed to visitors. Matt hadn't decided this on his own. Very strange.

I've just read so this might be true and might not, but apparently George has asked to go home. Doesn't want to wait for the finale. ITV have allegedly said no. I guess he might not get paid if he leaves early.

He didn't do the usual Breakfast and Daytime TV interviews either.

I'm sad that my love for Boy George has departed.

Chestnut Wed 23-Nov-22 14:44:44

....apparently George has asked to go home. Doesn't want to wait for the finale. ITV have allegedly said no. I guess he might not get paid if he leaves early.
Interesting, seeing he left last night. You always wonder whether the whole thing is actually fixed. Although they would be taking a huge risk doing that. If it came out there would be big trouble.

Don't forget this programme is swishing in money. If they can pay £500k to George and £400k to Matt, plus lots of lesser payments to the others, plus all the staff and there must be lots of staff, we are talking mega-bucks.

They must be keeping all the local abattoirs in business too.🤮

Chestnut Wed 23-Nov-22 15:18:23

Oh dear, the DM reports he is being a huge diva now he's left! He wants to go back to the UK but they won't allow it until the show finale, so he's spat the dummy and won't be interviewed.

Chestnut Wed 23-Nov-22 15:21:30

Sorry, just realised I've repeated the same thing!

Callistemon21 Wed 23-Nov-22 15:23:09

Also I don't really understand why he blames Matt for that. The hospitals around the world were closed to visitors. Matt hadn't decided this on his own. Very strange

It's as if they blame Matt for Covid. Mistakes were made, yes, but the decisions were not his alone.
I don't think Matt invented Covid in a lab, either.

maddyone Wed 23-Nov-22 15:23:53

I was disappointed that George left last night. I always liked him, warts and all, but was not impressed by his crime which he then partly denied during the show. Also I disliked his treatment of Matt and yet at the end of the day, I still like him. He’s entertaining, I like his music, and I do think he has a nice side to him too. He’s a bit of a diva.
I don’t like Chris, and can’t imagine who’s voting for him. Or why. He whines, he’s boring, and he certainly doesn’t come across as a particularly nice person. I hope he goes tonight. He doesn’t deserve to be there now. He fluffed his trial and everyone else did well in their trials.

Callistemon21 Wed 23-Nov-22 15:27:44

They must be keeping all the local abattoirs in business too

Why?
They're not getting a lot to eat.

They're eating some foods which might be discarded or used for animal feed otherwise.

Yes, I'm sure the vote is manipulated, if not by cheating, by editing the programme to influence viewers' decisions.

Joseanne Wed 23-Nov-22 16:03:46

When Boy George was asked, "Who is the first person you want to see?" he said his lawyer, so maybe that is why.

Callistemon21 Wed 23-Nov-22 16:05:30

Just smile and take the money, George!

Smileless2012 Wed 23-Nov-22 17:21:29

I still like him, always have. Even when he was being a bitch there was something about him but he has gone down in my opinion of him.

Exactly Callistemon ^Just smile and take the money, George!.

Aveline Wed 23-Nov-22 17:25:50

He'll be the one to lose out. ITV and other programmes/media opportunities that he should be fulfilling now will remember this. They'll not give him publicity when he needs it. Fans will have gone off him. His rude arrogance won't be forgotten.

Joseanne Wed 23-Nov-22 17:28:31

He's not short of money, he's selling this.
Wow!
www.astonchase.com/rgs220160/

Aveline Wed 23-Nov-22 17:29:56

Selling it having to sell? His career is floundering...

3nanny6 Wed 23-Nov-22 17:35:23

Still love Boy George and he was good in the bar last night with the rest of the campmates.

Sad to see George go and cannot believe Chris Moyles is still in there he should have been first out even before Charlene he is a proper whinger and was terrible in that trial he done with the spanners. Let's see him go soon.

maddyone Wed 23-Nov-22 17:36:02

How gorgeous is that! I want it!

tickingbird Wed 23-Nov-22 18:27:06

I read somewhere yesterday that he’s worth in the region of £50 million,

Aveline Wed 23-Nov-22 18:45:04

So why bother going into the jungle? Is it all slipping away?

Zoejory Wed 23-Nov-22 18:50:47

George's goddaughter gave an interview where she said he'd definitely done it for the money

Maybe he isn't as wealthy as he appears. Who knows.

His house is just incredible. Many years ago he gave an interview there and it was so fabulous. Just perfect.

BlueBelle Wed 23-Nov-22 18:52:28

Avaline why has cheating Hancock gone in then if you’re going to use that as an argument
I can’t believe how you’re all taken in by Hancock
He was awful when he was caught with his hand on a woman’s bum he s just the same slimy man now

lemsip Wed 23-Nov-22 19:59:19

Bluebelle
I can’t believe how you’re all taken in by Hancock
He was awful when he was caught with his hand on a woman’s bum

The women wasn't complaining was she.

we judge on what we see on the show.

lemsip Wed 23-Nov-22 20:02:49

I think Mike Tindall is a waste of space and doesn't seem able to string a sentence together imo. It is said he went on the show because he's public speaking jobs dried up, I'm not surprised

jill or owen to win