Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2023

(698 Posts)
Primrose53 Tue 14-Nov-23 21:58:55

Confession ….. I have never watched more than a few minutes of this prog but this time around I plan to because Fred Sirieix, Grace Dent and Nigel Farage are in it which should be interesting.

Galaxy Tue 05-Dec-23 17:32:27

Celebrity follows a fairly predictable pattern at the beginning, those who are just 'nice' but with minimal presence tend to go first, controversial people stay for a while for the drama, however generally a 'nice' guy (not controversial) usually wins. There is also some linkfollowing so Eastenders/Corrie people often have enough followers to Carr them a fair way.

Galaxy Tue 05-Dec-23 17:36:49

Sorry am not drunkgrin. That should say those who have a TV or an internet following often do ok for a while, corrie or eastenders people often have a following who will always vote for them.

Smileless2012 Tue 05-Dec-23 18:03:01

That doesn't alter the fact that the conversations were had OldFrill. Nella's responsible for what she says and what she does and what she said and what she did was not a good look was it.

Nanatoone Tue 05-Dec-23 19:03:37

I think it a a good job we have Old Frill, they are down with the kids. Personally, I and many others had not heard of this you tuber and am thankful for it. My daughter is a teacher in a senior school and tells me that respect is largely gone from the young, she got told to F off by a girl yesterday for example. My POV is that this generation is too focused on themselves, I find it very sad. In my opinion that’s why you get people like her, who surround themselves with clones and do not see that they are part of a diverse world. Unless it’s them calling for diversity of course. Her behaviour has been awful and such behaviour does have consequences.

Primrose53 Tue 05-Dec-23 19:58:39

They have edited out so much to make certain people appear dull. Janet Street-Porter was on there a few years ago and she has said that her group had some really interesting discussions but none of them were shown.

Primrose53 Tue 05-Dec-23 20:06:15

Nanatoone

I think it a a good job we have Old Frill, they are down with the kids. Personally, I and many others had not heard of this you tuber and am thankful for it. My daughter is a teacher in a senior school and tells me that respect is largely gone from the young, she got told to F off by a girl yesterday for example. My POV is that this generation is too focused on themselves, I find it very sad. In my opinion that’s why you get people like her, who surround themselves with clones and do not see that they are part of a diverse world. Unless it’s them calling for diversity of course. Her behaviour has been awful and such behaviour does have consequences.

They are indeed focused on themselves. They plug their earphones in and are Completely in their own world so if you meet a young person in the street there is no eye contact and no communication at all. All they care about is how they look and taking pouting pics of themselves or sticking out their tongues for a photo. Never understood that!

My adult son just tonight said he felt really sorry for a Tesco assistant today. He said two 6th form girls were having problems on two adjacent self service tills. The assistant came over offering to help and they totally blanked her. He said at one point one girl was looking around the asst who was between them to speak to her mate rather than speak to the asst.

Galaxy Tue 05-Dec-23 20:46:07

How deeply unpleasant. I am in my fifties so I have a child in under 20.

Galaxy Tue 05-Dec-23 20:46:56

But carry on.

lemsip Tue 05-Dec-23 22:20:06

fred's out!

Sassanach512 Tue 05-Dec-23 22:56:48

I'm not surprised Fred was voted out, he just couldn't keep his oar out of the cooking and made himself a pain in the proverbial as a consequence. I imagine everybody was shouting at the TV telling him to butt out hmm

Smileless2012 Tue 05-Dec-23 22:58:02

I'm glad he's gone. His behaviour went down hill when he was no longer the chef. It was interesting how he didn't try to interfere when Nik and Sam were cooking. Was that because they're men? hmm

I did laugh when he pushed himself forward again for the trial and convinced himself that no one else wanted to do it grin.

Smileless2012 Tue 05-Dec-23 22:58:55

Well I was Sassanachgrin.

rafichagran Tue 05-Dec-23 23:08:36

I did not mind Fred, he was interesting, in a vanilla campsite. His behaviour over the cooking did let him down.

Anniebach Tue 05-Dec-23 23:32:23

I liked Fred

maddyone Tue 05-Dec-23 23:38:19

I didn’t like the way Fred treated the women.

Shinamae Wed 06-Dec-23 01:03:42

Josie
Tony
Nick
Final three for me….🤓

rafichagran Wed 06-Dec-23 04:16:13

Nick is the only one that stands out for me. Its funny but all the people who have left have said they want Sam to win.

Bridie22 Wed 06-Dec-23 07:34:49

Tony,
Nick,
Sam ... my finalist choice.

Aveline Wed 06-Dec-23 08:09:55

I think I'll give up on it. I voted for Frankie and he's out then I voted for Fred now he's out. I think my votes must be the kiss of death! I don't really care about any of the others somehow. Sam's annoying, Josie irritates me, Danielle's just a yes man, Marvin and Nick are boring, couldn't vote for Nigel, Tony's OK but not that great. Oh dear. When does Traitors start again?

Nanatoone Wed 06-Dec-23 08:15:01

I’m
Sorry that Fred went but he room everything so seriously. He said he’d prepared for six months to go. He was right about the cooking and hygiene but maybe he went about it with a level of seriousness that was a bit much. He did say they’d agreed beforehand about who would do the trial. He was just keen to get on and get it done I think. Note he went to start the first trial before it began. I really can’t take to Sam at all, he’s drive me insane regardless of his ADHD he’s too much for me. I like Tony and Nick. I do not like the ladies at all.

Louella12 Wed 06-Dec-23 08:16:02

I didn't mind Fred.

fancythat Wed 06-Dec-23 08:28:29

I hid this thread as I kept seeing spoilers.
But when it comes on Im Trending I can go on it, and I am up to date for now with the show. I have read the last few comments.

In the interview[rarely watch them], Fred said he trained for 6 months for the show!
That was probably to help him get through it.
But if it was to help him win, that didnt work.
How did he think he would endear himself to his campmates and viewers, by continually interfering in the cooking?

fancythat Wed 06-Dec-23 08:33:13

I am surprising myself by liking Tony.
Danielle seems a bit two faced. Ok apart from that.
Sam seems to be being edited whichever way the show wants him to be.
Nick is too quiet for my taste.
Marvin - seems to be over self controlled.

lemsip Wed 06-Dec-23 10:17:00

hope sam goes, he's so annoying! dannielle is just keeping her head down. most boring show for years! has lost it's way.

Chestnut Wed 06-Dec-23 10:48:46

It goes on for too long and is too repetitive, so I'm getting bored and want it to end. When the singing and dancing starts you know we've reached the boring stage. I've also seen too many obvious examples of the trials being fixed, and there's also the selective editing in camp which favours some over others.

This is only the second time I've watched it but I shan't watch again. Thank goodness I record it, then I can fast forward the adverts and other bits.