Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2023

(698 Posts)
Primrose53 Tue 14-Nov-23 21:58:55

Confession ….. I have never watched more than a few minutes of this prog but this time around I plan to because Fred Sirieix, Grace Dent and Nigel Farage are in it which should be interesting.

merlotgran Thu 07-Dec-23 22:19:15

I was hoping Tony would be next to go. I really can’t take to him.

lemsip Thu 07-Dec-23 22:21:24

so danielle's out

rafichagran Thu 07-Dec-23 22:31:56

I did not care who went tonight.

Nanatoone Fri 08-Dec-23 07:55:28

Danielle was not my favourite. I like Tony, he’s interesting and has a nice calm way with him. I love the way he gets naturally infuriated but keeps the lid on it. I thought it interesting that Nick said that Sam wants it so much, they are all aware of that. Strange, but assume he thinks it will accelerate his career. I am not a fan of the Sam behaviour, some of which is so annoying. On the whole he is quite endearing I suppose, but he’s not my favourite.

Aveline Fri 08-Dec-23 08:06:29

I find Sam really irritating. I've grown to like Tony. He's funny too but is also very kind.

TillyTrotter Fri 08-Dec-23 08:16:14

I would like Marvin to win.
This last week I have laughed so much watching, they have been a great group of Celebs.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 08-Dec-23 08:21:06

Sam is like an unruly puppy, he doesn’t mean any harm I like him.

I like Josie, and can see why Nigel is insistent on keeping the camp tidy and clean (I would be constantly cleaning up after one and all)

I think Sam will win, but would be happy for Josie or any of the remaining players to be crowned king or queen of the jungle.

Grannynannywanny Fri 08-Dec-23 09:03:03

I don’t want Josie to win. She’s not a team player and contributes very little to the camp. She’s reluctant to participate in trials and is happy to sit back while others bring home the bacon. Tony has really grown on me and I’d like him to win. But I expect it to be Sam.

Casdon Fri 08-Dec-23 09:19:09

TillyTrotter

I would like Marvin to win.
This last week I have laughed so much watching, they have been a great group of Celebs.

Me too, because he seems completely normal whereas all the others have plenty of quirks. I don’t think he will win though, probably for that reason.

Smileless2012 Fri 08-Dec-23 09:35:20

I hope Sam wins because I think it would mean more to him than anyone else. I thoroughly enjoyed his trial last night, it was right up his street wasn't it.

I think you're right Joseann, physically Nigel would struggle with cyclone. He was very good in the 'call centre' trial, didn't bat an eye lid when he was having all those critters poured on top of him.

I think he's come across very well and I rather like him.

Joseann Fri 08-Dec-23 09:44:00

What I do like about those left is that they have the ability to laugh at themselves.

henetha Fri 08-Dec-23 09:49:44

I've usually got a favourite by now, but not this year. I don't really mind who wins.

merlotgran Fri 08-Dec-23 10:07:19

It looks like it’s being set up for Sam to win - departing celebs are selling him well but often somebody comes from behind and grabs the crown.
That could be Marvin.

Chestnut Fri 08-Dec-23 10:17:58

I hear on the jungle drums that people think Nigel should be able to do the first star on the cyclone because Harry Rednapp was older than him and he managed. However, Nigel has broken his back and various other things in a car crash, a plane crash and I think was also run over. He doesn't look very robust to me. Hopefully they will take all this into account.

Namsnanny Fri 08-Dec-23 14:18:15

Smileless2012

I'd rather have someone complaining about the litter and washing up who then does something about it, than risk vermin coming into camp which has already happened.

I would too smileless, but it is a game, based on who the public want to win, isnt it?
So I just thought coming over in the way that he is doing, isnt going to help him much.
Especially as it's a younger person's entertainment.
I would like him to win, but I dont think he will.
I was surprised Tony had low voting figures, but as others have said up thread, can we trust them?

Smileless2012 Fri 08-Dec-23 15:39:45

Oh I hope so Namsnanny I've been watching it since it started and have never thought the voting figures were fixed; maybe I'm naive hmm.

Joseann Fri 08-Dec-23 16:40:55

Chestnut

I hear on the jungle drums that people think Nigel should be able to do the first star on the cyclone because Harry Rednapp was older than him and he managed. However, Nigel has broken his back and various other things in a car crash, a plane crash and I think was also run over. He doesn't look very robust to me. Hopefully they will take all this into account.

I did notice last night, when the others were chatting round the fire, that Nigel was busily doing his back exercises with the pieces of wood. Maybe he is keeping fit for the first star on the cyclone? I can't see him bottling out.

Chestnut Fri 08-Dec-23 16:42:05

Well the trials are clearly fixed, even I can spot that and I rarely notice such things. Who knows about the voting, although they would be taking a huge risk meddling with votes because it only takes one disgruntled ex-employee to blow the whistle. I can't see them risking that.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 08-Dec-23 16:45:19

Chestnut

Well the trials are clearly fixed, even I can spot that and I rarely notice such things. Who knows about the voting, although they would be taking a huge risk meddling with votes because it only takes one disgruntled ex-employee to blow the whistle. I can't see them risking that.

I think the votes go through an independent company, not direct to itv.

maddyone Fri 08-Dec-23 21:36:02

That trial was disgusting.
I hope Josie doesn’t win because she’s not willing to do the trials.

Joseann Fri 08-Dec-23 21:40:59

I agree. Josie pretends to be hard done by when others step up for the trials in her place after she whinges.

Louella12 Fri 08-Dec-23 21:42:04

I don't really mind who wins. I'm pretty sure it will be Sam though. Who annoys me somewhat but he's harmless and doesn't bitch. Which is refreshing.

rafichagran Fri 08-Dec-23 21:49:01

Josie kept saying I want to prove myself. Then she said if others want to do it. After that she moaned she should have fought her corner and had a dig at Nigel.
All she needed to say was I will do it. No explanation or excuses.

Louella12 Fri 08-Dec-23 21:53:30

Oh yes, Josie was infuriating. And to say Nigel is after air time. Hardly needed at this point.

Not sure about this meeting loved ones either. They'll be seeing them very soon.

Joseann Fri 08-Dec-23 21:54:25

I'm wondering how hard it must be for her to be Nigel Farage's daughter, if you get what I mean. Or any of his family. Good to see they have a normal relationship.