Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Pressure - regarding the lead up to the D Day Landings

(31 Posts)
NanKate Wed 16-Sept-26 16:38:51

I can honestly say it was one of the best films I have ever seen and the two lead actors will definitely win awards.

Don’t miss it.

travelsafar Fri 25-Sept-26 07:49:11

I saw it yesterday too and thought it very enjoyable. Such an unusal subject...the weather... for a film to be made about.
A few tears were shed at the end.

Gran22boys Fri 25-Sept-26 08:16:12

Milest0ne

I will have to watch this film.
I have a letter from my Dad, written on the eve of D-Day , sent from his ship as they were getting it ready to take soldiers off to France.

That is so poignant. We can never really understand what people went through.

Slimswim Sat 26-Sept-26 14:14:58

Thoroughly enjoyed it and nearly shed a tear at the end.

Sarnia Sun 27-Sept-26 15:46:15

Finally got around to watching it with my grandson.
Brendan Fraser and Andrew Scott give stellar performances and gave me an insight into the importance that the weather played in the D-Day landings.
Tissues at the end at the futility of war and the happy ending for James Stagg. (Scott's character).

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 27-Sept-26 16:22:25

I found it tense, very well acted and moving.