Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Easter presents

(58 Posts)
Tippy22 Sun 16-Apr-17 14:11:39

When my children were small all they got for Easter was a card and an Easter egg, maybe a fluffy chick or bunny but it seems now bigger presents are expected. My DD2 was a bit miffed when she asked if I would buy my DGC a large garden toy for Easter. I said no its not her birthday or Christmas. She accepted it but having just spoken to my neighbour who seems to have spent a fortune on her GC I'm beginning to wonder if i was wrong and maybe things have changed. My small offerings of Easter eggs, cuddly toys and some new clothes seem quite paltry. What do you all do.

Chewbacca Tue 18-Apr-17 20:43:40

Lucky you Iam64! I can remember one of my dresses as being white, shot with silver thread and having 3 little navy blue bows at the front waist and a navy blue sash belt, tied in a bow at the back. Another year we had a matching dress and "duster coat" which was thought as being terribly modern and grown up!

Not sure if it still goes on Roses because so many of the chapels and Sunday Schools have long gone, turned into flats, shops and mosques now from when I was last in the area. It was a lovely era and Iam64 has given me lovely quick trip down memory lane!

rosesarered Tue 18-Apr-17 20:56:00

Well Chewy you can always still treat yourself to some new Clarks sandals.smile

Chewbacca Tue 18-Apr-17 21:02:46

Gee thanks Roses! grin I've waited 55+ years for that, only to find I don't actually like Clarke sandals! Just my kind of luck!

rosesarered Tue 18-Apr-17 21:05:26

grin ok then Hotters?

Chewbacca Tue 18-Apr-17 21:08:08

Yep! I like Hotter. And Deichman. Never going to hold the ribbon on the scholars banner though Roses, no matter what's on my feet! Wish I had! Too late now!

rosesarered Tue 18-Apr-17 21:14:36

Me neither! grin

Iam64 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:50:36

We still have walks of Witness around Whit Sunday. They are much smaller and less likely to have a brass band in the lead. All the youth groups take part, Sunday school, rainbows, guides, beavers, cubs and scouts, the choir and members of the congregation.