Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What's for breakfast?

(90 Posts)
Riverwalk Sun 22-Sep-19 07:05:37

I've been up since 05.00 and now rather peckish, to say the least!

I have a full fridge so just pondering ...

Allegretto Mon 23-Sep-19 08:10:51

I’ve had a very indulgent weekend - 2 (big) lunches out - so this morning I’m going to push breakfast on until mid-morning and then have just a piece of fruit. I’ve got a grapefruit in the fruit bowl.... or maybe a big, juicy nectarine ..... I know that I will feel better after a healthy day, with less food.

harrigran Mon 23-Sep-19 09:30:50

Two slices of toast with goats cheese, no butter.
Alternative breakfast is porridge and banana.

KatyK Mon 23-Sep-19 09:57:55

Just a boiled egg for me today.

Maggiemaybe Mon 23-Sep-19 12:02:22

I’m on a 5:2 fast day today, so a big fat nothing. I’ll treat myself to a nectarine for lunch.

LondonGranny Mon 23-Sep-19 12:19:05

Usually muesli with some fresh fruit eg chopped apple and plain yoghurt. I buy the Sainsbury's Basics one because it's got no added sugar and nice big oats and barley. It's pretty skimpy on nuts and fruit so I add those myself, often some apricots and almonds but I ring the changes every time. Probably chopped prunes and walnuts next time. A lot of muesli is quite powdery, oversweet and overpriced (ie Alpen).

My husband likes a cooked breakfast. His is usually wholemeal or granary toast with scrambled eggs or fried mushrooms., The bread is homemade by me as I can control the amount of salt as shop bought has a lot of salt.

There's always a pot of tea (loose leaf tea, much nicer) on the table too.

Tangerine Mon 23-Sep-19 14:21:59

Boiled egg and soldiers.

craftyone Mon 23-Sep-19 14:25:14

porridge cooked with apple and blackcurrants

Riverwalk Fri 27-Sep-19 07:50:52

Avocado, sprinkle chilli flakes, tiny cubes of feta on toasted sourdough, double espresso with hot milk. smile

About to go out and walk some of it off!

dragonfly46 Fri 27-Sep-19 07:52:07

Porridge with blueberries and coconut sugar.

Pantglas2 Fri 27-Sep-19 07:55:45

It will be a full monty for brunch later on as we have friends for curry this evening and won’t bother with lunch/tea.

Urmstongran Fri 27-Sep-19 08:06:02

Kippers! Boil in the bag. With brown bread and butter.

Auntieflo Fri 27-Sep-19 09:00:50

Toasted brown bread, with honey and a banana. Yogurt drink and black, Earl Grey tea.
DH had put a jar of beetroot on the table?
(Instead of marmalade)

Maggiemaybe Fri 27-Sep-19 12:50:13

Oh, kippers! I really love them! Boring old Weetabix for me today (I do actually like it, but can’t think why!).

KatyK Fri 27-Sep-19 12:50:42

Just a slice of toast this morning. I had an optician's appointment and was running late.