Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Funny things grandchildren say

(90 Posts)
granbabies123 Mon 30-Dec-19 13:13:46

We have just had a wonderful few days with Ds ,Dil and 3 lovely Gc,
We live in Yorkshire they live in Essex so visits not that often but always delightful.
After first night sleeping in their cabin Grandad went indoors and the two youngest arrived to see if I was awake ,bounced on the bed and dived in for hugs.
Gs age 8 says,"shall I tell you a fact Grandma"? To which I thought, here goes with some 8 year old wisdom.
"Your boobs make lovely cushions" was his remark, " they're great to cuddle up to".
Well there was no answer to that just howls of laughter.
Anyone else's loved little ones made you laugh these holidays?

Nanacool Wed 01-Jan-20 00:10:31

Coming home from school after having had a lesson on the birds and the bee's my GD told me that men put their peanuts into a lady' magina! Just about held it together.

glammagran Wed 01-Jan-20 01:41:37

Antonia my daughter, now 26 had a full on tantrum in a supermarket, aged 3, when I said I wouldn’t be buying her salmon canapés today. A couple of elderly ladies were in hysterics with laughter. She ate no chocolate/sweets till her teens - her choice. Her daughter eats everything in sight. ?‍♀️

GreenGran78 Wed 01-Jan-20 02:54:43

My 2 year old Aussie granddaughter was playing a pretend game of ‘visiting the zoo.’ She looked out of the window and said, in mock horror, “There’s an elephant in the swimming-pool, and he’s done a poo.” Then she added, reassuringly, “But it’s only a little poo!”

Moth62 Wed 01-Jan-20 03:53:03

My gd aged almost three wasn’t letting her mum clean her teeth at bedtime. Mum said, “Tomorrow you can just have bread and water. How will that be?” The bold little lady comes straight back with, “Good!” She keeps us all entertained ?

Grannytwo Wed 01-Jan-20 08:35:11

When my grand daughter was born, grandson aged 3 came into the bathroom while mum was in the bath. Be careful mummy you’ll spill babies milk was the comment when mummy lay down in the bath! Qqqqqqqq

CraftyGranny Wed 01-Jan-20 08:43:36

I was on a bus with my 3 DSs, when 2nd DS suddenly asked "Mum, in the war, did they evaporate children?"

He was about 6 at the time.

harrigran Wed 01-Jan-20 10:39:33

GD was about 6 and she was doing a project for school, she had to ask GPs about their childhood and how they spent their leisure time.
I told GD we did not have TV so she asked if I watched my programmes on catch up on my computer. I don't think we did in 1950.

DoraMarr Wed 01-Jan-20 11:39:04

I might have posted this before, but it still makes me laugh. When my grandaughter was just beginning to talk she asked if she could have her milk and biscuit on the peekaboo. She meant the balcony. It old my friends.
Last night I had an invitation form a friend who lives in my building to spend NYE with Prosecco watching the fireworks- “on the peekaboo.”

DoraMarr Wed 01-Jan-20 11:39:20

I told

Dolphin74 Thu 02-Jan-20 04:52:52

I volunteer in a charity shop and a little girl and I got talking about Santa Clause. I asked her what are you hoping to get from Santa this year? To which she replied presents I couldn’t help but laugh as did the other customers.

BradfordLass72 Thu 02-Jan-20 06:54:07

One of the titles of the Archbishop of Canterbury is 'Primate of All England' and my grandson, then 6 years old, having learned this at school came home quite puzzled to ask why a chimpanzee was in charge of a church.

Grandma2213 Fri 03-Jan-20 01:07:04

Milton Keynes will forever be referred to as 'Melted Cheese' now after DGD told us where she was going for her competition!

NanaandGrampy Fri 03-Jan-20 16:02:29

Talking about macaroons this Christmas with Jackson aged 8 and Cooper aged 5 .

What is in macaroons do you think that makes them taste so good ? , I asked .

Jackson replied ‘almonds’ Nana.

Cooper , after some thought disagreed , ‘acorns’ he replied firmly !!

Katyj Fri 03-Jan-20 18:12:16

Our little Ddg aged about 3 could'nt pronounce her f's they were shopping in a supermarket one day when she shouted look mummy lots of slags! blush