Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Did he know? (poss triggering)

(106 Posts)
MaryTheBookeeper Sun 23-Aug-20 09:39:38

I want to ask about something that happened to me 20yrs ago that was really creepy at the time. It's not very pleasant, hence the triggering warning.

We were having a lot of decorating work done on the house & the chap doing it was with us for months. He was highly recommeded & well known & had been friends with my neighbours for years. He was friendly & hard working. He wore shorts & a t-shirt much of the time with a painter's protective all-in-one garment over the top. This garment was made of that thin but toughened papery stuff with poppers down the front.

It was summer at the time & he called me to the upstairs landing to discuss some detail. He didn't bat an eyelid but I immediately noticed the lower poppers on his garment were undone & his penis was clearly visible as the fabric gaped open. I was shocked and very uncomfortable but I pretended I hadn't noticed & quickly left. What the f was going on? I've suddenly remembered this this morning. Even if he went to the loo & the popper didn't catch properly, where were his pants? Can it be normal to strip naked under a painting suit in hot weather?

I never told my dh because he'd have gone ballistic but I realise now I should've said something. Thankfully nothing else happened. But I did have to endure him in our house until the job was finished. So I'm asking, did he know full well or do you think it was totally innocent?

MawB2 Sun 23-Aug-20 10:48:04

“Could NOT do confrontation...”

Anyway - wh bring this up now?

Bellanonna Sun 23-Aug-20 10:51:15

I’m wondering the same, maw.

MissAdventure Sun 23-Aug-20 10:52:05

It's easy after the event to think of what someone should have done, but I'm sure the exhibitionist enjoys knowing that their victim is totally confused about whether this is "accidental" or not.
I worked for someone who was accused and found guilty (more than once) of "accidentally" brushing his hands where they shouldn't be brushing.

The reason it carried on for so long was the fact that his victims were unsure if they were making a fuss, if they'd got it wrong somehow, and the people who were very vocal in condemning them for not not screaming/ kicking him in the nuts/saying something.

MerylStreep Sun 23-Aug-20 10:59:49

I think I would be tempted to say been showing Percy the porcelain ?

MissAdventure Sun 23-Aug-20 11:03:18

"Oh! There is something that looks a bit like a penis, only MUCH smaller, hanging out of your overalls".

lemongrove Sun 23-Aug-20 11:07:13

Bellanonna Bringing this incident up after 20 years strikes me as extremely odd is the OP hoping we will gasp in collective horror??

Chewbacca Sun 23-Aug-20 11:10:09

Our local police force have this weekend alerted hill walkers and the general public that there is a man running across local moorland dressed in nothing more than a tiny bumbag! He approaches no one and speaks to no one; he just seems to like to run au naturelle. Most of the people who have encountered him just smile and give him the thumbs up, but some are scandalised. Personally, I'm in awe. It's been throwing it down with rain all week here and is none too warm to be out nekkied.

Bellanonna Sun 23-Aug-20 11:10:54

I agree with odd, Lemongrove! Lot of it about at the moment.

Bellanonna Sun 23-Aug-20 11:12:29

So when are you off to the moors, Chewy? ?

MissAdventure Sun 23-Aug-20 11:13:55

Why would we?
It's hardly unheard of.

Lots of people contributed to a thread a while back about randy bosses and that kind of thing.

kittylester Sun 23-Aug-20 11:15:30

hmm

I think you are a fairly new poster Mary, so welcome if you are.

You are certainly very active on gn.

Chewbacca Sun 23-Aug-20 11:18:10

So when are you off to the moors, Chewy

Just getting me boots on Bellanonna! grin

lemongrove Sun 23-Aug-20 11:25:06

Chewbacca I wonder if it’s the same man who ( years ago)
Enjoyed hill walking in the buff? It got into the news and the general feeling was one of admiration as he coped with heat/ cold and nettles and brambles.?

MerylStreep Sun 23-Aug-20 11:29:15

Lemongrove
If the OP thought I was going to have a touch of the vapours, she was wrong. I've always found men and their willies highly amusing. Your right, it is odd.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 23-Aug-20 11:33:19

A shocking deliberate act. Your reaction probably gave him a thrill!! Did you ever ask your neighbours if they had such experiences? Do you still live next door to them, maybe they can shed a light on the subject? Google his name, you might find out more about him. This ghost you need to lay to rest.
Good luck!!

MissAdventure Sun 23-Aug-20 11:33:26

I don't find it odd at all.
Mary's other threads have been the usual type of stuff from what I can remember.

I had an awful experience just a couple of weeks ago, and I'm so glad now that I kept it to myself.

Illte Sun 23-Aug-20 11:33:50

Phishing?

MerylStreep Sun 23-Aug-20 11:34:42

Did anyone ever go to see Pupetry of the Penis?
Myself and some friends went to see it at The Palace Theatre ( some here will know the place)
Absolutely hilarious. It's on YouTube.

lindiann Sun 23-Aug-20 11:38:27

smile must have been uncomfortable

Flowershop Sun 23-Aug-20 11:40:55

Too many years ago to count, two friends of mine, they were about 15/16 were flashed, the girls stopped, shrieked and said what the f***k do you call that, it's pathetic. I'll bet that fella never flashed at a girl or woman again.

timetogo2016 Sun 23-Aug-20 12:07:53

Yes he knew,you should have oh it`s abit like a penis only smaller.

Lexisgranny Sun 23-Aug-20 12:11:36

I read somewhere years ago of the following comment made to a flasher:
“If that is what I think it is, I would put it away quickly, because it’s a very poor specimen”.
I found it funny at the time, but in retrospect, not entirely sensible, should the flasher have violent tendencies!

Namsnanny Sun 23-Aug-20 13:57:13

MissAdventure ... I appreciate all of your previous comments. I'm glad you wrote them, especially the little willy one! smile

Namsnanny Sun 23-Aug-20 13:58:32

posted too soon ..... sorry something amiss happened.flowers

Callistemon Sun 23-Aug-20 14:12:25

That was a long time ago, OP.

But he's still around Bellanonna!
The problem is, no-one talks about it or reports him.