And the hills were hard to climb.
So he closed your weary eyelids
And whispered, ‘Peace be Thine’.
It broke our hearts to lose you
But you didn’t go alone,
For part of us went with you
The day God called you home.

Newquay Wed 15-Nov-17 08:11:09

What a lovely thought about friends Swanny. So glad you have such a friend Maw. We had such friends a few years ago when we were in danger of sinking under a terrible time. As someone else says "this too will pass". Hope Maw and Annie have had a decent night's rest, if not sleep, and have as good a day as it can be at present?

Crafting Wed 15-Nov-17 20:28:57

maw I too hope you manage a good night's sleep. Does Hattie sleep near you or on her sofa dog bed?

Iam64 Wed 15-Nov-17 21:18:06

Hope you get some rest tonight Maw. I’m echoing Crafting’s question, does Hattie sleep on your bed? I know it isn’t everyone’s idea of a good thing but when I’m alone in the house I give the dogs the run of it, rather than in their usual sleeping area (big utility, complete with Cosy dog beds). The big dog chooses to sleep on the sofa, the young softie sleeps next to me. Good night Maw x

lemongrove Thu 16-Nov-17 09:17:47

I don’t suppose you will feel like GN at the moment Maw and will have a lot to do and arrange, but I hope it helps a little to know that others are thinking of you.Glad that you have friends and family to turn to.

harrigran Thu 16-Nov-17 09:32:42

Thinking of you today Maw flowers

morethan2 Thu 16-Nov-17 10:36:19

Hi maw just to say I’m thinking of you

kittylester Thu 16-Nov-17 10:42:37

Hi Maw. Just sending a hug and a brew

Crafting Thu 16-Nov-17 12:07:39

Hi maw some chocolate chip ? to go with kitty's brew and a dog chew for hattie (unless she shares your bicycles) x

Crafting Thu 16-Nov-17 12:10:53

Grr predictive text.... biccies not bicycles blush Don't suppose hattie can even ride a bike.

kittylester Thu 16-Nov-17 14:06:36

Hattie isn't old enough to ride a bike yet Crafting grin

Luckygirl Thu 16-Nov-17 14:08:10

Thinking of you Maw in the midst of all the arrangements that must be pressing. x

grannyqueenie Thu 16-Nov-17 14:46:10

You’ve been much in my thoughts maw as you plan and prepare but I hope too have enough space to reflect on all’s thats been. x

cornergran Thu 16-Nov-17 15:47:25

Hello mawb, you’re never far from my thoughts, a brew along with a cupcake to help the afternoon along. Hugs for you and Hattie x

pinkpeony Thu 16-Nov-17 16:22:11

So sorry Maw, just to say I'm thinking about you and saying a prayer. Just be kind to yourself and take things a day at a time.

Bellanonna Thu 16-Nov-17 20:26:35

Thinking of you Maw x

Auntieflo Fri 17-Nov-17 08:47:17

Maw, thinking of you , never far from my thoughts. Do you still have your family surrounding you and taking care of you? Don't forget to take care of yourself in these busy days.

Luckygirl Fri 17-Nov-17 12:47:30

Thinking of you today. x

MissAdventure Fri 17-Nov-17 12:57:25

Sending kind thoughts your way, Maw flowers

Crafting Fri 17-Nov-17 20:39:52

maw hope you are ok. Still in our thoughts. Hope you sleep well tonight. God bless.x

rafichagran Fri 17-Nov-17 21:16:21

So very sorry. flowers

ninathenana Sat 18-Nov-17 08:47:23

Your in my thoughts too Maw and so is Annie

MawBroon Sat 18-Nov-17 09:10:48

One week into the rest of my life. The London DDs and I had supper in a lovely old pub last night before I dropped them back at the station.
This morning I filled in one of those stupid online customer surveys and getting to the final section - “Marital Status”
Ticked the “Widow” box for the first time.
Ouch.
Such a maelstrom of emotions, not the “simple” sadness and loss I had psyched myself up for, but I find myself on a bit of a short fuse sometimes which is hard on those being kind to me.
Entirely justified though when encountering poor service or attitudes e.g. yesterday I was buying DD a birthday present in Waterstones and waiting at the till. Assistant just stood there and eventually I said was I in the right place to pay and all he did was point to a sign which said Queue Here for this till.
Couldn’t help it but found myself saying “Oh as you were ignoring me I assumed you were serving somebody else.”
He replied that he wasn’t ignoring me to which I just said Good. (Grrr)
DMWM -new acronym Dont Mess With Maw.

Luckygirl Sat 18-Nov-17 09:17:01

Oh dear - what a rude man. How that must have grated.

Short fuse is fine though - your loved ones will understand I am sure.

The simple sadness must be tempered with the knowledge that the months of ill health are now at an end for him. But that cannot fill the sense of loss.

I take strength from your posts about your caring role and the advice you have given me. I thank you for it; and you are in my thoughts.

nanaK54 Sat 18-Nov-17 09:17:10

Sending kind thoughts

bikergran Sat 18-Nov-17 09:30:20

Thinking of you Maw yes ticking that box! you just don't want to do it do you....