Gransnet forums

Chat

School making parents feel guilty

(102 Posts)
Cherrytree59 Wed 06-Mar-19 18:34:37

One week in after half term and my daughter is receiving messages from the school about events taking place during school time and requesting parents to attend.
Next week an afternoon tea party to held by the children (DGS is in year one) and request one parent or grandparent to attend

Friday before Mothering Sunday an invitation to 'Mothers' to join their child for school dinner.

This friday it is a school disco
Why not end of term? So backwards and forwards to school.

Easter concert at local theatre no details as yet.
Fully expecting it to be the week leading up to end of term when we are on holiday.
So it goes on and has done since DGS started reception.

We have so far managed to go to every event that DD has not been able to attend.
Including attending every Thursday morning last year as the school requested parent or grandparent to attend a phonic lessons.

My little DGS (2) starts reception next September (same school) I will be back to phonics lessons and standing in DD when I can.

However my 3rd DGS also starts reception in September and lives a couple hundred miles away.
I am sad we are unable to stand in for working son and Dil at school events.
We are unfortunately the only grandparents and there are no other relatives living in their area.

I enjoy participating in my DGS education but I don't like the pressure put on parents by the school and feel sorry for children in my DGS class who do not have a parent or grandparent able to attend.sad

Safaree3231 Sat 11-Jul-20 12:33:37

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.