Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Jun-20 06:12:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another blue sky start with wind as well this morning in Brackley .
Today , a quiet day in, maybe a Chinese take away later.
Yesterdays supermarket que seems to have become non existence, about 8-10 people waiting to go in , where 11 weeks or so it was never ending .
Be nice to get back to normal routine but that could be months away the way things are out there .
Take Care
Mick

Daisyboots Sat 06-Jun-20 12:39:19

Good morning (just about) from an overcast west coast of Portugal.
Congratulations on the birth of your grandson mancgirl . You did what was needed with your DGS just as my DD did when my latest GGD was born in April.
I do hope the steroids help with your pain Marydoll until it is safe for you to go into hospital. There is nothing worse or debilitating than chronic pain.
Urmstongran please don't stop your lovely descriptive posts about your life in Malaga. I almost feel I am there as well.
I am from London and our family have always used the term glory hole too. When I was a teenager my mum would tell me to tidy my bedroom because it was becoming a glory hole.
Well I suppose I should get up and dressed and do domething useful this afternoon. Have a good weekend everyone despite the weather.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:30:42

Has anyone else noticed that connor hasn't posted on this thread for several weeks, hope all is well with her.

whoisthis Sat 06-Jun-20 14:11:09

Good afternoon from Surrey, This is my first post, I have enjoyed reading all the posts . Well I have just finished tidying up the spare room my husband started decorating 3 weeks ago where everything ended up on the bed, now enjoying a well earned cup of tea. Hoping to go for a long walk later.

Charleygirl5 Sat 06-Jun-20 14:22:09

Welcome *whoisthis". As I said in another post it is easy once you get started as you have!

Did your DH ever finish the decorating?!

whoisthis Sat 06-Jun-20 15:34:02

Thank you Charleygirl15. No DH never did finish the decorating. He was only saying this morning that he would call
someone in to finish the job. He has never been good at DIY.

dragonfly46 Sat 06-Jun-20 17:07:35

Good afternoon every one so sorry I am late today.

Congratulations on the new addition Mancgirl so exciting.

No don't shorten your posts Urmston we are all living vicariously through you. I can almost feel the warmth.

Welcom whoisthis.

Went for a walk this afternoon and got absolutely drenched.

Urmstongran Sat 06-Jun-20 17:37:18

Thanks to all who have posted to say they enjoy my early morning ‘tales from Spain’. I honestly wasn’t looking for praise. I just wondered if all the myriad details I was supplying were somehow just too much some days!

I blame it all on the very strict 8 week lockdown when I didn’t go any further than the end of the landing. Being allowed out - and now with extra freedoms (so much more than the U.K.) - is just wonderful.

I am aware that some days I do seem to write a lot though. I shall be mindful that sometimes a journal isn’t necessary! I blame the excess detail on my Virgoan nature ...
??

mancgirl Sat 06-Jun-20 19:43:42

Urmston bit late but on which posts have I been crucified? Only tend to read the good morning thread because it's so pleasant and positive. I'd like a chance to reply!

Scentia Sat 06-Jun-20 19:53:25

manc. I think Urmstongran was speaking hypothetically if you re read it!!!

Marydoll Sat 06-Jun-20 20:37:49

mancgirl , * Urmstston* said you would have been crucified.

I'm assuming that she means that this is a supportive thread and no-one would criticise you on here.
No need to worry! smile

mancgirl Sat 06-Jun-20 22:49:14

Oops. Thank you for putting me right and making me feel better. Mixture of guilt and excitement! ?