Gransnet forums

Chat

Will I be picturesque or a patient?

(91 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Wed 15-Jul-20 19:02:02

Hi all,
There is a family gathering when it is safe and I already have my outfit planned (jumpsuit, wrap, bag) and I am toying with the idea of wearing heels. I do have chronic pain but I will be getting out of a car and walking into a hall, plus I can walk in heels.

There will be plenty of photos at the gathering so I want to look amazing, especially since the photos will be printed.

I won't be doing much walking at all and I have plenty of people to hold onto so will most likely manage but is it a stupid idea? X

JenniferEccles Thu 16-Jul-20 09:22:50

Yes that’s the kind of thing I was thinking of CanadianGran

Smart yet they look easy to walk in.

Marydoll Thu 16-Jul-20 09:34:00

Flying Handbag, as you have a history of falls, I am worried at the thought of you wearing heels.
Has your doctor not advised you to wear flats?

Elegran Thu 16-Jul-20 09:40:29

If you really think that high heels and a wrap will turn a jump suit into "dressed up" and that someone who falls over every week or so is going to be safe in them, then what we say won't change your mind.

I predict that your next post will be about how you twisted your ankle and disrupted the whole event for everyone when an ambulance had to be called to take you to A % E (and the one after that will be on how you had to hold on to your wardrobe to get dressed, but it fell over and just missed you on the way down.)

Chewbacca Thu 16-Jul-20 10:32:59

Elegran grin I was thinking the same!

Loislovesstewie Thu 16-Jul-20 10:38:11

Marydoll, more please ! Tell me how the 'easier to wee' things work. I am fascinated! Truly, but I still wouldn't wear them. Since I retired if I can't go anywhere wearing jeans and t-shirt I don't bother.

annodomini Thu 16-Jul-20 10:41:42

Chewbacca, the outfit you depict is what I'd call a 'catsuit'. When does a jumpsuit become a catsuit? grin

JenniferEccles Thu 16-Jul-20 11:00:49

A jumpsuit becomes a catsuit when it’s worn by Diana Rigg in the Avengers!!

Marydoll Thu 16-Jul-20 11:10:16

Loislovesstewie, the ones I have (only 2) have crossover fronts and are very stretchy. However, they don't cling like a catsuit.
I have mobility issues and they are actually more easy to get into (and out of) than most of my clothes. You just step into them!

Have a look at this.
www.qvcuk.com/Kim-%26-Co-Brazil-Jersey-Flutter-Sleeve-Frilled-Jumpsuit-Petite.product.182417.html?sc=SRCH

PS. I don't do mutton dressed as lamb, or I wouldn't wear them. wink

Loislovesstewie Thu 16-Jul-20 11:36:07

Thanks for explaining Marydoll ,
P.S I wouldn't say anyone was mutton dressed as lamb. It's just that I have reverted to my teenage uniform!

FlyingHandbag Thu 16-Jul-20 11:57:52

I predict that your next post will be about how you twisted your ankle and disrupted the whole event for everyone when an ambulance had to be called to take you to A % E (and the one after that will be on how you had to hold on to your wardrobe to get dressed, but it fell over and just missed you on the way down.)
Some jumpsuits can be very appropriate in dressed-up situations.

My wardrobe is built onto the wall so no chance of that.X

Chewbacca Thu 16-Jul-20 12:02:11

Glad to hear it FlyingHandbags but you've gained quite a reputation for bizarre falls and mishaps and we wouldn't want any more, would we?

FlyingHandbag Thu 16-Jul-20 12:22:22

Chewbacca

Glad to hear it FlyingHandbags but you've gained quite a reputation for bizarre falls and mishaps and we wouldn't want any more, would we?

I know, I'm like Mr BeangrinX

FlyingHandbag Thu 16-Jul-20 14:29:39

Also, I wouldn't have any higher than a 3 inch heel, and that's even slightly higher than I would prefer it. X

Aldom Thu 16-Jul-20 16:00:15

Hi flyinghandbag well you certainly got the fashion ideas flowing with this thread. Love the jumpsuit Marydol flyinghandbag will you send us a photo of your outfit once you have decided what to wear on your feet. Whatever you decide, stay safe. Hugs. ??

FlyingHandbag Thu 16-Jul-20 17:05:29

Aldom

Hi flyinghandbag well you certainly got the fashion ideas flowing with this thread. Love the jumpsuit Marydol flyinghandbag will you send us a photo of your outfit once you have decided what to wear on your feet. Whatever you decide, stay safe. Hugs. ??

Hi Aldom! I will make sure to show everyone what I wear. You stay safe too. Hugs to you too. flowersX