Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Andrew latest.

(119 Posts)
Bluebellwould Fri 31-Jul-20 16:14:50

I’m staggered by what I have just read in the DM. Apparently PA asked for a sweetheart deal for Epstein’s sentence according to the court documents released today.
I am absolutely shocked and disgusted. I suppose he was just being loyal! What do you think?

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 17:19:40

Bluebellwould I wasn’t giving an excuse .

Davidhs Sat 01-Aug-20 17:31:59

If it’s in the DM it must be true!.

I can’t understand why PA was offering a plea bargain on behalf of Epstein, maybe he was hoping Epstein would exonerate him of having any involvement in the illegal activities.

Highly questionable and damaging, very poor judgement.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 01-Aug-20 17:35:15

Epstein was a known blackmailer. He had thousands of pieces of evidence from the activities of the powerful and wealthy.

Grany Sun 02-Aug-20 09:30:17

#PrinceAndrew #Epstein

I spoke to my former colleague who challenged Prince Andrew's pizza express Alibi and he is disappointed to hear the Met destroyed his Duty records. So it comes down to who you believe , A decorated Police Officer and former Royal Marine or Prince Andrew?
12:53 AM · Aug 2, 2020·Twitter Web App

Annie I'll take the Royal Marine thanks. We know Andrew is a liar, the FBI were given the original photograph in 2011 so Andrew's 'it's a photo of a photo of a photo' line was always an absurd thing to say, because we know the original had already been verified as genuine.

Grany Sun 02-Aug-20 09:39:22

Donald Trump 'Ask Prince Andrew about it'

twitter.com/CaaaremeAimee/status/1289286670571847681?s=20

Happygirl79 Sun 02-Aug-20 09:49:35

In my opinion it speaks volumes that Prince Andrew is not co-operating with the FBI
I do think he is not a very intelligent man after seeing the interview he did last year.
Dominic Cummins reminded me of Prince Andrew last year when he told us that he drove to test his eyesight.. No different than Prince Andrew saying he was at Pizza express and couldn't sweat.
Both men were arrogant beyond belief to think people would believe them

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 09:57:51

Giuffre’s father worked at Trump’s nightclub, she worked there as a spa attendant and it was there she met Maxwell , she
was then 17 .

Grany Sun 02-Aug-20 10:01:16

revoltingsubject.com

MawB Sun 02-Aug-20 10:51:57

A rather nasty if not dodgy website Grany.

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 11:09:57

Very nasty, to speak of the death of the queen -
‘When old Queeny kicks the golden bucket .

Such hatred in that link - a revolting link

Grany Sun 02-Aug-20 11:28:22

Yes agree that's not nice thing to say.

But here Criminal Royal Arrogance

revoltingsubject.com/2020/01/27/criminal-royal-arrogance/

Says how the Royals get away with things.The Windsors are protected by state secrecy. Exempt from Freedom of Information requests. Their mistakes are glossed over by expensive PR agencies. Their misdemeanours are indulged. Written off as ‘gaffes’..

It’s significant that the law enforcement agency that are exasperated with him are not the deferential British cops.

What's stopping the British cops The Met Perhaps they will investigate?

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 02-Aug-20 11:33:10

Personally I reckon PA has behaved like a spoilt brat, and now is doing all he can to avoid the punishment. It would be better for him to just give up and take whatever comes!

Parsley3 Sun 02-Aug-20 11:46:00

Assuming that he did have sexual relations with Giuffre, did the possibility that he might be being set up for a future blackmail attempt never once cross Andrew’s mind? It should have.

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 11:47:23

If he has committed crime he is doing what the majority do

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 11:57:14

Parsley I doubt it did, he didn’t pick her up in a red light district, she went to a nightclub with him, if he slept with her
it was at the house of a friend . I am not excusing him, big ego
and not the brightest coin in the mint.

Giuffre was no innocent and having read her life style , much
pity for the 14 year old girl but I do not believe she was groomed when she met Maxwell, she was 17 .

Parsley3 Sun 02-Aug-20 12:20:57

Under USA law, she was underage and that is the issue.

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 12:42:36

Does US law cover the U.K ? She has only named Maxwell’s house in England

Oldwoman70 Sun 02-Aug-20 14:30:53

What I keep coming back to is not whether PA slept with her or not (if he did and it was in UK then he may have been sleazy but didn't break the law) but why is he refusing to have a face to face meeting as a witness with the FBI .

MawB Sun 02-Aug-20 15:08:14

Anniebach

Very nasty, to speak of the death of the queen -
‘When old Queeny kicks the golden bucket .

Such hatred in that link - a revolting link

I agree Anniebach - a very dubious website - and throughly nasty.
Grany - does it make you feel good to post links to dross like this?

Thirdinline Sun 02-Aug-20 15:26:55

If the man, or men who have sex with young women Are in a position of power over them (eg by dint of having money, authority or using threats of violence etc), or if the young women are being trafficked, which Virginia was, the young women are underage until 18, even in UK.

Esspee Sun 02-Aug-20 15:30:47

Eazybee. I am appalled at you statement “What an unpleasant whore Guiffre is.”

She was a child of 17 being manipulated by an abusive paedophile.

How dare you blame the victim!

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 15:58:43

How is it known she was being trafficked? There was the woman who claimed she had been raped 40 times and thrown
naked on her parents lawn .

My concern is for those who were trafficked , I really do not
believe Giuffrie

Esspee Sun 02-Aug-20 16:05:59

Anniebach. Your protestations on behalf of Prince Andrew are becoming more and more obscure.

Oldwoman70 Sun 02-Aug-20 16:24:09

Perhaps she wasn't "trafficked" in the usual sense of the word but she was groomed and manipulated - the attacks on her by some GNs is baffling to me. Epstein and Maxwell controlled her and made her feel she had to do as they told her.

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 17:26:56

Espee I have said several times I am not defending Andrew,
I do not believe Guiffrie to be the victim she is portraying.

Unlike others posting I believe girls in their late teens can be
world wise. Quite probably a night in Tramps ended up in bed , but she was not forced . Who keeps a photograph of a man
they hate for 18 years. Where are photographs of other men ?
Who are all the other men who caused her cervix to bleed,
why did she write a letter to Epstein explaining she was leaving and he replied politely