Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Andrew latest.

(119 Posts)
Bluebellwould Fri 31-Jul-20 16:14:50

I’m staggered by what I have just read in the DM. Apparently PA asked for a sweetheart deal for Epstein’s sentence according to the court documents released today.
I am absolutely shocked and disgusted. I suppose he was just being loyal! What do you think?

Oldwoman70 Sun 02-Aug-20 17:57:36

1. Kept photograph as evidence?
2. Perhaps she wasn't told their names?
3. Of course, he replied politely, he was hardly going to put in writing what he had done

Parsley3 Sun 02-Aug-20 18:23:26

Anniebach

Espee I have said several times I am not defending Andrew,
I do not believe Guiffrie to be the victim she is portraying.

Unlike others posting I believe girls in their late teens can be
world wise. Quite probably a night in Tramps ended up in bed , but she was not forced . Who keeps a photograph of a man
they hate for 18 years. Where are photographs of other men ?
Who are all the other men who caused her cervix to bleed,
why did she write a letter to Epstein explaining she was leaving and he replied politely

What a shame that poor Andrew could not find a nice,wholesome, teenage, English rose to take to night clubs and friends’ houses. She would never have had the bad manners to kiss and tell. Much too well brought up for that.

welbeck Sun 02-Aug-20 19:34:41

if a person is trafficked for sexual purposes, age is irrelevant.
there is no age at which that is not a crime.
that is what the case against maxwell centres on, that she acted as a pander.

Grany Tue 04-Aug-20 11:13:11

When I saw Pizza Express trending on Twitter I thought what has PA done now?

Pizza Express to close 67 of its restaurants across UK

Jane43 Tue 04-Aug-20 12:15:40

Going back to the original post, if P A did intervene and ask for a sweetheart deal for Epstein I really don’t know what his motive was. It was certainly misguided at the least, as Epstein didn’t need his intervention judging from his previous jail sentence. During his relatively short time in prison he was allowed out for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week despite the ruling that sex offenders are not allowed out on work release. He was allowed this arrangement because hIs lawyers worked with Miami District Attorney Alexander Acosta who is now in Trump’s government and his role involves overseeing agencies dealing with human trafficking. It really is a cesspit and P A shouldn’t have gone anywhere near it.

Jane43 Tue 04-Aug-20 12:17:52

I should have said in the previous post that when Epstein was allowed out of prison he went to his very well appointed office, he certainly didn’t do any work as we know it.

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 12:34:29

I just don’t understand what Andrew could offer in the alleged
deal

Whitewavemark2 Tue 04-Aug-20 12:36:23

Anniebach

I just don’t understand what Andrew could offer in the alleged
deal

He would have been witness to so much plus of course take part in the orgies etc.

paddyanne Tue 04-Aug-20 12:37:20

He didn't have to "offer" anything he believed his position as a prince would swing the result he wanted ..its what they do people who are in power whether its royals or politicians

Oldwoman70 Tue 04-Aug-20 12:45:07

"I just don’t understand what Andrew could offer in the alleged deal"

Epstein was originally sentenced in 2008 - at the time PA was UK Special Ambassador for Trade. Perhaps the local DA thought by going easy on Epstein PA would help facilitate a favourable trade deal for the US.

I am not saying PA offered to do this - but the longer he delays speaking to the FBI merely encourages speculation.

EMMF1948 Tue 04-Aug-20 13:01:59

I am not saying PA offered to do this - but the longer he delays speaking to the FBI merely encourages speculation.

How many other men are the FBI interested in interviewing about this? I realise from reading this threas that one is expected to toe the quasi-official line about this but I totally agree with whoever said that teenage girls are not as dim as they're being painted. Obviously only a photo of the most bankable man would be kept! If these girls are deemed to be 'victims' then their parents have a lot to answer for.

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 13:28:02

Guiffrie’s lawyer seems to think only Andrew has all the answers, and Guiffrie has only named Andrew £ £ £ £ ?

Galaxy Tue 04-Aug-20 14:04:27

It doesnt really matter what people think of teenage girls it matters what the law is. So I can think that it is ok to take things from tesco without paying but it's what the law says that matters.

Iam64 Tue 04-Aug-20 14:47:32

It doesn't matter how often the power imbalance between teenage girls and older men is discussed, how often the research into child sexual exploitation or the trafficking of children/adults for sex is outlined, there are some who will always suggest that the victims can't possibly be victims. That they were street wise, cunning, even "whores'.

Jane43 Tue 04-Aug-20 14:56:54

EMMF1948

*I am not saying PA offered to do this - but the longer he delays speaking to the FBI merely encourages speculation.*

How many other men are the FBI interested in interviewing about this? I realise from reading this threas that one is expected to toe the quasi-official line about this but I totally agree with whoever said that teenage girls are not as dim as they're being painted. Obviously only a photo of the most bankable man would be kept! If these girls are deemed to be 'victims' then their parents have a lot to answer for.

Most of these girls came from very deprived areas and from dysfunctional families, they wouldn’t have had much, if any, family support and the $200 dollars they were offered to participate dazzled them and made a huge difference to their lives. Of course they weren’t dim, they were streetwise because they had to be. The area of Palm Beach they came from is very different from Trump land. If you have access to Netflix and watch the documentary Filthy Rich you will see how such girls were targeted. Do you think the same about the girls in Rochdale and other areas of the UK who were abused in a similar way?

Parsley3 Tue 04-Aug-20 15:22:01

Anniebach

Guiffrie’s lawyer seems to think only Andrew has all the answers, and Guiffrie has only named Andrew £ £ £ £ ?

I was puzzled that only Andrew was named so I did a Google search and guess what, she has named a string of high profile people, including billionaire investor Glenn Dubin, modelling scout Jean Luc Brunel and former governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson. These names may not be well known in the UK, but I think that Bill Clinton is and he has also been named.

welbeck Tue 04-Aug-20 16:07:34

Galaxy

It doesnt really matter what people think of teenage girls it matters what the law is. So I can think that it is ok to take things from tesco without paying but it's what the law says that matters.

they are not so innocent, those supermarkets, flaunting their wares on open shelves; why they're almost asking to have it plucked and pocketed surreptitiously. what's to stop it /
except maybe decent behaviour and honesty.
just a thought.

Galaxy Tue 04-Aug-20 16:13:15

grin

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 16:54:46

Parsley did she name them or were they named in documents ? I can’t find anything other than her and Andrew

Iam64 Wed 05-Aug-20 09:47:42

The DM reports this morning that the papers released allege that PA was given a spitting image puppet of himself by Epstein/Maxwell. It is alleged he used that puppet to "grope" two young women.
This is such a bizarre allegation - I suppose its possible it was made up.......

Grany Wed 05-Aug-20 09:51:16

P Andrew hires General Pinochet's former lawyer, an expert on extradition law, as he fights FBI Epstein probe

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 10:08:24

The spitting image allegations were made in an unpublished book written by Giuffre and a judge ordered it to be released

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 10:10:48

Grany do you have a link re Andrew hiring a lawyer ?

Oopsminty Wed 05-Aug-20 10:38:33

Iam64

The DM reports this morning that the papers released allege that PA was given a spitting image puppet of himself by Epstein/Maxwell. It is alleged he used that puppet to "grope" two young women.
This is such a bizarre allegation - I suppose its possible it was made up.......

The Spitting Image allegation is nigh on impossible to believe

Whitewavemark2 Wed 05-Aug-20 10:40:34

Oopsminty

Iam64

The Spitting Image allegation is nigh on impossible to believe

If you saw the Epstein documentary, you’d believe anything.