Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Thu 01-Apr-21 06:09:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight out there but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Today , another bus trip is planned to Buckingham , shop browse maybe buy items will see .
I went into my local Waitrose and asked about British New potatoes, and was told the jersey royals should be on the shelves in around 2 weeks .
Like new potatoes will steam with mint ,and eat cold as well.
Take Care,
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Thu 01-Apr-21 14:09:12

Well done LauraNorder ??????

dustyangel Thu 01-Apr-21 15:34:25

I’m back, having been prodded and pummelled and instructed to go for a walk later. As it’s currently pouring with rain, that walk might have to be round the house!

I’m sorry I spelled your name wrongly Taichinan. I will try to do better in future. ?

Laura Norder I was totally taken in. ???

Grandmafrench I missed how long your locked downness will last, have you been told?
Here the President has decreed that it won’t start to be lifted until April 12th, safely after Easter. It will be interesting to see if there are as many walkers tomorrow as there were last Good Friday, when we had just gone into lockdown.

Still no sign of a vaccine for us.

Grandmafrench Thu 01-Apr-21 19:05:13

Oh dusty hope you feel o.k. now. Our locked downness - well, it's difficult to see lots of differences. It's only the media that are calling it a lock down. We have had a curfew here which kicks in (now) at 7pm until 6am since mid-January. Everyone has to be at home and not on the streets unless you have a very good reason - one ticked on a special form - to be out and about between those times. But we're not locked down.

Schools will close at the end of this week. There will be one week's closure followed by 2/3 weeks or more centred around the normal Easter break. Non-essential shops are to be closed from Saturday. We went scooting off for some plants, herbs, planting medium, pots etc., this afternoon. Last year we really missed the boat, but the garden centre told us they are allowed to stay open because they sell dog, rabbit, cat food etc. Very cunning! Unfortunately our unlimited run around the countryside will be curtailed from Saturday -we can only travel 6 miles from home, but we're not locked down otherwise. There have been so many changes, amendments and pronouncements from our leader and his government that we have all tended to lose the plot. But sun is out, sky is blue (" and not a cloud to spoil the view ? ") and as long as we continue to wear our masks, most of us will feel the same. The ridiculous and shabby way the vaccination programme has been dealt with is another matter of course. I get my 2nd next week (that's been confirmed). Pres Macron is saying from 15th for over 60's and from 15 May for over 50's. We shall see..........vaccine supplies need to be provided before appointments are offered.
Next review will be after a month.
Hopes for the summer? Mine is restricted to staying well and keeping away from anyone who looks like a tourist and coming from another area once France opens up again. Portugal? What can I say? Bet you are really wanting this to be sorted out....and soon.
Hugs to you.