Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you wear make up?

(146 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sun 11-Apr-21 11:16:59

Before covid I wouldn’t go anywhere without foundation mascara lipstick, but now it’s just mascara. And actually I love to feel the fresh air on my face, who would have thought!

muse Sun 11-Apr-21 14:02:34

Grannybags I've started again. It's done me a world of good.

I've used moisturiser day and night - for as long as I can remember.

Since about the age of 16, every day, I've used eye makeup but don't touch my eyebrows except for keeping them neat. With lockdown I stopped (kept the eyebrows in control though) but have recently started again. I'll never stop again, whilst I am able to do it.

Only exception to this, was my wedding day, when I also put on foundation and lippy.

So don't wait to show off that glamorous you Grannybags.

MayBee70 Sun 11-Apr-21 14:17:19

Haven’t worn make up for over a year except for uv protection foundation when I walk the dog. But I’m seeing my grandchildren in their garden tomorrow for the first time in over a year and don’t want to frighten them so I’m going to put make up on.

Daisymae Sun 11-Apr-21 14:25:48

Yes, every day. Tinted moisturiser, eye pencil and a lip gloss of some sort. Not bothering with mascara at the moment! Oh and a good spray if Chanel No. 5

Allegretto Sun 11-Apr-21 14:35:29

I use moisturiser night and morning. Daily routine is a wee brush with bare minerals original foundation, a wee brush of rouge, a touch of eyebrow pencil and a tiny bit of eyeliner. I put on lipstick before I head out for my walk.

Amberone Sun 11-Apr-21 14:44:14

Only if I am going out usually, although I've stopped while wearing a mask.

For some reason a few weeks ago I did put makeup on, totally forgetting I would be wearing a mask while we went to the supermarket. When I got home most of my makeup had rubbed off on the inside of my mask.

DiscoDancer1975 Sun 11-Apr-21 14:47:54

No, I’ve never got on with it. It always smudges and I look like I’ve missed copious amounts of sleep ?

Sparkling Sun 11-Apr-21 14:54:31

Only Chanel no 5, I would never open the door without maje up before Covid, now I’ve long white hair and just lipstick or balm on tgem a# they dry out. My priorities changed.

eazybee Sun 11-Apr-21 14:57:07

Every day.
Cleanse, tone,serum, tinted moisturiser, eye shadow, eye pencil, mascara and scent. Don't bother with lip gloss; forgot the other day and found out why when I took off my mask.
Always loved makeup although I only use small quantities.
It's the ritual I like, rather, I suppose, as shaving is for men.

honeyrose Sun 11-Apr-21 14:59:31

I haven’t worn any makeup for just over a year apart from once or twice last summer. I shall have to buy some new makeup as it has a shelf life, but I hate waste so may try to see if I can get away with wearing the old makeup. I don’t see much point in wearing foundation and lipstick when there is a need to wear a mask inside, but my mascara and kohl eyeliner are also gathering dust in the drawer.

DanniRae Sun 11-Apr-21 15:39:49

No make-up at all -just moisturiser (when I remember)

NotAGran55 Sun 11-Apr-21 15:55:53

Yes, every day . I wouldn’t feel ready for the day without it .
Tinted moisturiser, blusher , mascara , lipstick and perfume.

NanKate Sun 11-Apr-21 16:18:08

I have worn makeup every day since I was 17.

I have noticed how much I have aged during the Pandemic and so it is a necessity even if I am not going anywhere, as has been the case this last year.

I regularly watched the videos Tricia Cusden does on YouTube with her Look Fabulous Forever website. She shows women of a certain age how to subtly put on their makeup. She shows you herself minus makeup and then gradually there is a transformation.

rafichagran Sun 11-Apr-21 16:32:24

Lipstick and moisturizer.

AGAA4 Sun 11-Apr-21 16:38:46

Just tinted lip gloss when I go out and lots of moisturiser.

Hopikins Sun 11-Apr-21 16:50:45

Every day without fail. Unless I am ill. It makes me feel good and at 73 I need all the help I can get. It's one of the fun things of being a woman. I do remember many years ago picking my son up from school and I had a skin rash on my face, so no makeup. He was horrified and said not to let his friends see me. I must add I also wear jewellery and perfume every day. It must help as my darling old husband 78 tells me every morning I am beautiful.

grannysyb Sun 11-Apr-21 18:49:06

I'm with Hopikins, every day, feel naked without it. On holiday I usually just put mascara on during the day.

Patsy70 Sun 11-Apr-21 18:53:12

Every day, but minimal. Moisturiser, blusher, tinted lip gloss.

dragonfly46 Sun 11-Apr-21 18:53:17

Yes tinted moisturiser, mascara, blusher, eyebrow makeup but no lipstick because it is under the mask.

Georgesgran Sun 11-Apr-21 18:54:34

Everyday for me - I can get it all done in 3 minutes - have for years, so I suppose I’ve got it down to a fine art. Feel and look better too.

Chardy Sun 11-Apr-21 18:54:39

Until March 2020, I used eyeliner and mascara when I went out to see people. Now I don't seem to go out.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 11-Apr-21 18:59:21

Lipstick always and I have to pencil in my almost bald eyebrows. Perfume too.

Sago Sun 11-Apr-21 19:02:47

I love it!
I wouldn’t go to Waitrose without any on, I feel like a different person when I’m made up.

I’m a sucker for serums, anything with the words magic,miracle,glow or lift.

I started with a secret stash of cheap Rimmel at 14 then progressed to Maybelline.
I wish we had had YouTube when I was a teenager, I’m sure I would have benefited from a few tutorials.
I wasn’t allowed it until I was about 17 so it was hastily and badly applied at bus stops or worse still on the bus?.

It had to be removed before I arrived home, no miscellar wipes in 1977 just spit and fingers and a well used tissue,it was easier to get rid of syphilis than rimmel block mascara.

Now at 50+ I love bare minerals and Charlotte Tilbury.
It’s my guilty pleasure.

You will be pleased to know I now have a variety of accouterments to remove it all..

jeanie99 Mon 12-Apr-21 01:39:51

No

Dorsetcupcake61 Mon 12-Apr-21 06:56:25

I have loved makeup since I hit my teens although always preferred a natural look. I certainly never left house without mascara,lipstick,blusher. I would have felt naked.! Last year I wore it on 3 occasions. I was last in the office in January and wore light make up including a lip stain.
At the moment I am WFH. Even when I think it may involve video meeting I dont wear make up,in fact it feels quite peculiar when put it on!
My skin has certainly had less blocked pores.
I will be back in office in May and I expect I will wear it then.
I must admit that my hair looks so awful that I may be feeling that a dash of lipstick isnt going to make much difference! I always wear perfume.
I have my hair cut at the end of the month. First time since last August and it is usually short. It's also its origional colour so will have to re look at make up.
I am surprised at even for the medical appointments I have had how natural it feels not to wear make up!

Esspee Mon 12-Apr-21 07:02:02

Sometimes I use lipgloss. That’s it. Make up ages you.