Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Thu 15-Apr-21 06:08:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and looks like the start of a nice day with the cold air as well here in Brackley.
Today, I will catch the bus to Bicester later , due to restricted timings because of the pandemic, and have a coffee and maybe a pie with it outside the bakery shop/cafe .
Then do a general shop in the town , before heading home .
Take Care,
Mick

NannyJan53 Thu 15-Apr-21 08:16:43

Crossed posts NanKate happy all went well flowers

Jaxjacky Thu 15-Apr-21 08:17:46

Good morning all from a very bright but frosty S Hants and a very Happy Birthday ?? gMattie. Early excitement Dwmx that’ll get the neighbours chatting! I sat in a friend’s garden yesterday, it was cold, 11deg, I know we all want dry weather for outside meetings but rain is badly needed here. DH is off to play golf later, so I’ll go up to the allotment, digging and watering. Unexpected hair cut Saturday pm in the garden, hurray.
Have a pleasant day all ?for NanKate and big hugs for those struggling, hope Urms is ok. ????and ?for muse.

NanKate Thu 15-Apr-21 08:19:18

And thanks to Beechnut

A very happy birthday Mattie ???

NanKate Thu 15-Apr-21 08:20:36

And JaxJacky.

You are a lovely lot.

Stilllearning Thu 15-Apr-21 08:25:31

Morning from sunny S Lanarkshire, hope it’s not deceiving as it has been up to now, we’re up high here and have had a sharp wind for the past few days.
Our lambs are starting to appear over the past week or so and I’ll try and attach a picture of my GD from the farm, holding their first triplets, Bess, Jess and Tess! You can see the top of my GD’s face but not enough to identify her so they’ve given me permission!
I spent a couple of hours yesterday following my sister in law in Canada’s mother’s funeral online. They are Ukrainian and mum was 95 and had fled Ukraine as a teenager in 1941 ending up working in a military hospital in Italy where she met her husband. She sounded an amazing woman whom it would have been good to know.
Hoping everyone can enjoy our better weather today? and that my photo attaches!

grandmajet Thu 15-Apr-21 08:29:12

Good morning from sunny, bright Nottinghamshire.
Dowsabella, I hope yesterday turned out well for you, and that you managed to get your two beanpoles in at the allotment! Just being out in the sunshine must help. Long Covid sounds just awful.
Today I have a face to face appointment with the surgeon. My husband can come with me this time. We are going to say that I’d like to go ahead with the surgery, having had a good think about it. We will take a list of questions with us. Luckily I don’t mind hospitals, but I’ve been told it’s a full day surgery and a stay in ICU after so I get a bit scared thinking about it. I’m trusting that he wouldn’t undertake such a procedure unless he felt there would probably be a benefit so .....
Yesterday we spent time in the garden, and I tidied up our little wildlife pond where there are many wriggling tadpoles. New life!
Enjoy the day, everyone, in any way you can.

grannysyb Thu 15-Apr-21 08:29:13

Bright and sunny here, going for a walk with upholstery friends this morning. We both managed to have our haircuts on Monday, feeling and looking much better now! DHs birthday tomorrow, the personalised pork pie that I ordered for him is due to arrive today. Like most men he is very difficult to buy for! Have a good day everyone.

Alygran Thu 15-Apr-21 08:32:12

Good morning from sunny North Yorkshire. More frost last night so I expect there is more damage to tender shoots in the garden.
Happy birthday GM
Good to hear all went well NanKate.
I have some ironing to do, a zoom coffee and chat, tables to take to the french polisher and a walk with a friend. It feels like life is definitely turning a corner. ?
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

Grammaretto Thu 15-Apr-21 08:36:13

Good Morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. It promises to be another bright crisp day here. You all sound upbeat so far.

Birthday Greetings to grandMattie. Have a wonderful day.
I'm catching up with you...

I am glad your procedure went well NanKate. What a relief.

We get released a bit more from tomorrow but I hope public toilets will reopen otherwise the picture is not a good one.
I am going to meet an old friend over the county border. How daring!

Today I am, rather reluctantly, giving houseroom to stuff from an artist friend's studio as she is downsizing.
I am also trying to have less stuff but a friend in need....

What a beautiful picture Stilllearning ! thanks to your family for allowing it to be shared.

Dwmx I wonder how the story in your street evolves....

Ellianne Thu 15-Apr-21 08:41:16

Good morning everyone.
I came on earlier and couldn't find the good morning thread. Even after only being on it for 10 days I had a little gulp and felt sad. Silly me, an hour later I realised my phone had jammed where I left off last night! Phew!
Have a good day!

Roses Thu 15-Apr-21 08:41:35

Beautiful day here up early because decorator arrived at eight to paper my hall

Happy birthday to GRANDMATTIE have a lovely day

Thanks to all who wished me happy birthday yesterday I had a lovely lunch on Chester racecourse after a visit from my son and two grandchildren. Then went shopping but my back was too painful so we came home and had tea and birthday cake that my granddaughter had made for me

Hope it's a good day for all of you

Kalu Thu 15-Apr-21 08:43:53

Good morning all. Weather wise in Glasgow, the sun is shining again with a promise of 14deg. Ooft! ? My favourite time of year to enjoy after a long winter.

A day out planned to visit two local garden centres on the hunt for specific plants and two trees. I must stick to my list and avoid any temptation of slipping a few other plants into the trolley.

Happy Birthday * grandMattie* and many happy returns of the day. How lovely to have shared it with your family. ?. You are two years older than me. Where have all those years gone?

Hoping all is well with NanKate

Have a pleasant day all.

Anniebach Thu 15-Apr-21 08:47:57

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Kalu Thu 15-Apr-21 08:55:37

What a heartwarming photo Stilllearning. Three adorable lambs. Another plus for this time of year and not far from you, I am enjoying seeing the arrival of lambs playing in the field once they have found their legs.

Grandmabatty Thu 15-Apr-21 08:56:21

Good morning all. We have the dizzy heights of 1° in Polmont this morning which is much higher than the last few days. But the skies are blue and the forecast is good.
Firstly happy birthday to Grandmattie and I hope you have a good day. Nankate that's good news about your colonoscopy too. You must feel relieved. Dwym very exciting! We should get LauraNorder on the case.
All my tasks were accomplished yesterday. The purple hippo sandpit is in place near the water table. Mum was in reasonably good form and we reminisced about the wonderful desserts she used to make. Charlotte Russe was a particular favourite. I still use her recipe for baked cheesecake. I then visited my friend and we sat and blethered for ages. Then a WhatsApp chat in the afternoon where we laughed so much over something I said (inadvertently). I had been going to make meatballs for dinner but a quick sniff was enough! The mixture went in the bin and I made macaroni cheese instead.
Today I have no plans. It's such a nice day that I'll spend time in the garden. I'll make a loaf as I'm nearly out of bread. I might bake too. Dinner will be the rest of the huge dish of macaroni, although I'm not keen on leftover Mac and cheese. Anyway, second cup of coffee awaits. Have a good day all.

Stilllearning Thu 15-Apr-21 08:56:22

Sorry grandMattie, missed saying Happy Birthday ?

harrigran Thu 15-Apr-21 08:59:10

Good morning from the NE where it is sunny again.
We are having some lovely clear skies with out the con trails.
Happy birthday Grandmattie flowers
DH 's appointment went to plan and he returned home with more tattoos in readiness for radiotherapy next week.
Nothing planned for today, bathroom cleaning it is then.

gillgran Thu 15-Apr-21 09:07:58

Good Morning to you all from another bright morning, after another frosty night.

Birthday greetings to grandMattie, I'm pleased you've had good days with your family.

My DH has his 2nd dose of vaccine this morning. I will go with him & hope to call at a garden centre on the way home.

I was thrilled to get an appointment for my own 2nd vaccine, then I saw it was for 3:10 on Saturday. As it was at the same time as D of E's funeral that I will watch on TV, I managed to change it to Sunday.

Take Care, good folks.

Greyduster Thu 15-Apr-21 09:10:23

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Sun burning off a hard frost in South Yorkshire. I think I have found a new hairdresser - someone recommended by my niece. She sound very nice and can cut my hair on Tuesday! I’m terrified! I’ve had the same hairdresser for forty years and I feel as if I’m too old to put myself in the hands of someone new, but needs must. Some shopping to do today and potting on some seedlings. DH wants a salad for tea.
Happy Birthday to you, Grandmattie???. Have a lovely day, one and all.

Gingster Thu 15-Apr-21 09:16:31

Good morning from an overcast chilly Suffolk coast. I do hope it doesn’t rain as we want to woodstain another side of the summerhouse today.

Yesterday we did the front which was fiddly because of windows, doors and an overhang above the doors., but it’s looking better already.

We had coffee with some old friends who have a lodge on a camp site just along the coast from us. The site was very busy with tourers and campervans which isn’t unexpected after not being allowed to go there all this time.

We’ve had some lovely walks along the beach with little pooch who loves to chase her ball, but then dumps it in the sea, for us to retrieve. Not like our old golden retriever , who wouldn’t go near the sea and didn’t like retrieving anything. Bless his dear heart.

My oldest friends mum died yesterday,. She lost her dad last august , so now she is an orphan . ?. They were both well into their 90’s and she had cared for them extremely well. I remember them as a very young child . I was a bit scared of them and they weren’t the greatest of parents but she went above and beyond making their lives comfortable . Isn’t it strange how people react to difficult childhoods. Some would have estranged themselves but my lovely friend went completely the other way.

DH has now come down for his cuppa, so my peace is shattered.?

Wishing you all a pleasant, carefree day ????

Nannagarra Thu 15-Apr-21 09:17:29

Happy birthday grandMattie. Another postbox topper - this time from Sefton.

ginny Thu 15-Apr-21 09:20:43

Good Morning from a bright and sunny N. Bucks.
Walk today and a quick pop into shop for some fruit.
Will probably do some jobs in the garden this afternoon.
Yesterday’s solo walk was very enjoyable, everyone I passed smiling and commenting how lovely it was. Two photos attached.
Hope you all find a ?today.

Mapleleaf Thu 15-Apr-21 09:21:26

Good morning all,

I’ve only skimmed your posts as it’s nearly time for my Pilates class so will come back later to read them properly.

I did notice that it is grandMatties birthday today and her GD, too, so happy birthday to you both. ???????.

The weather here is glorious again, although very chilly - the bird baths are frozen over again. It looks as if we are going to have another beautiful day (although if it follows the trend of the last few days, cloud will build up by the afternoon).

Well, I’d better go, it’s nearly time for my class to start.

Take care all ?.

ginny Thu 15-Apr-21 09:21:39

Try again

dragonfly46 Thu 15-Apr-21 09:35:41

So good to hear your news NanKate. I hope you feel better soon and can now enjoy the lovely weather.