Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(119 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-May-21 06:12:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright start here in Brackley this morning.
Apart from being 73 today , I am OK .
Today, will be a quiet day , and will have a fry up breakfast for a change.
Yesterdays trip was OK ,with odd showers , which spoilt drinking and eating out in a cafe , as like most customers headed for tables with umbrellas , the flea market closed earlier , as most stall holders do not have gazebos , otherwise a nice trip on buses.
Take Care,
Mick

FannyCornforth Sun 02-May-21 07:46:21

Dragonfly flowers Thinking of you - hope that you feel much better very soon and that it goes well today with your treatment

NanKate Sun 02-May-21 07:46:36

Morning to the Birthday Boy Mick and All.

A bright day in South Bucks.

Thanks for the photos Ashcombe your description of your night attire gave me a laugh. Hope you have warmed up. Maybe a hot toddy would help.

I had a very frustrating day yesterday changing my mobile phone from Pay As You Go to a monthly payment of £5.00 sounds simple but I had to speak to 3 different people, each time over 30 mins. I had to ask each of the operatives to speak more slowly so I could hear what they said as they had strong accents. After getting DH to put the SIM card in which took about 20 mins as he had to look up on YouTube how to do it. Then I had to get the new number they had sent me back to my old number, which I was assured would be easy, well it bloomin wasn’t. So much of it was automated and in the end I pressed any old number just to speak to a human being. I’ve got DH to phone me from his mobile with another company and yes it appears to be working, however I thought I would sign in to my account which appears to not recognise me ?. We will wait till Tuesday and have another go. Wish I had never bothered to change. End of Saga.

NanKate Sun 02-May-21 07:49:11

Dragonfly how they sort you out quickly today. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 02-May-21 07:49:50

Morning Mick and all

Happy Birthday Mick, I do hope you have a special day ??

Urms I have that quote in a frame in my kitchen ?
Ash wrap up and stay warm
Dragonfly Oh dear I do hope it’s nothing serious.

Off to AS down the road for coffee and chat this morning, then it’s my book curled up on the chair.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

brook2704 Sun 02-May-21 07:50:26

Oh no dragonfly I hope you’re ok and back home again soon
And you too gaga I’m sorry you’re feeling down
Take care both of you ?

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 02-May-21 07:55:13

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
It’s definitely the day for the best birthdays!! Mick. Happy birthday!! My birthday too. I’m a bit older than you, though. I’m 77. Not that I feel it!!
After virtual church DH and I will be heading to DD1 for a Sunday Roast, she loves to host occasions. So I shall meet with the Gc too.
I have a friend who shares this day, too.
Have a great day all. May the Sun shine on you all

Jaxjacky Sun 02-May-21 07:56:13

Good morning all and Happy Birthday Mick ?.
dragonfly crumbs, that’s scary, I hope they can sort you out soon ?
Cold here too Ashcombe we’ve had frost again down south, enjoy your break.
And you Urmstongran a joyous day with family, perfect.
Gagagran I think we all get moments of the glums, it’s been a long haul and you’ve had a tough time, be gentle with yourself today.
Yesterday I potted on some veg in the greenhouse, today I need to go up to the allotment and weed, it’s still so cold for May, everything is slow. DH might spend some time at the driving range, he’s working tomorrow. Final episode of LoD tonight after our roast chicken
Enjoy your day all, whatever you’re up to, hopefully with a glimpse of ? and a passing ? or two ??.

dragonfly46 Sun 02-May-21 07:57:44

Happy Birthday Gwen.

Beauregard Sun 02-May-21 07:58:33

Good morning from Derbyshire. It looks a lovely, sunny day out there at the moment.

Happy birthday Mick. Enjoy your day.

Well, our offspring turned up in a van yesterday with three mattresses, a tv and two guitars for us to store for them for a few months while they're living with family before making their big move away in a few months. The spare bed with all of the extra mattresses piled on top reminds me of "The Princess and the Pea" story.

Today I've got a few gardening jobs planned. DH will probably continue his redistribution of horse manure.

Gagagran sorry to hear you are not feeling well flowers
dragonfly that must have been very scary. I hope you will be better and home soon flowers

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Emily49 Sun 02-May-21 07:59:01

Happy Birthday, Mick - will you see your family today%? You have a brother and sister, don’t you?

Hope you are well looked after today, Dragonfly - that happened to me a couple of years ago.

Jaxjacky Sun 02-May-21 08:00:00

Happy Birthday Gwenisgreat enjoy your day ???

Beauregard Sun 02-May-21 08:00:01

Happy birthday Gwenisgreat ????

Urmstongran Sun 02-May-21 08:03:39

Many happy returns of the day to you too Gwen - lots of Taureans on here!

Gingster Sun 02-May-21 08:03:45

Good morning all and what a busy thread this morning.

Happy birthday Mick. Hope your day is good for you ?

Poor dragonfly. I hope they sort you out and you’re able to go home soon. ??

gagagran and grandmattie this tiredness seems to be affecting so many. You both have good reasons for it but my Dh and I feel the same with no apparent cause. Lockdown lacklustre.

Ash - great you’ve got some wifi to keep in touch. ‘
Olddudders will be pleased to ‘see’ you. ❤️. Keep warm and enjoy your break. Different surroundings and all that.

We have family coming today , for lunch , so will crack on and prepare for my darlings. Can’t wait! ?

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and carefree day. ??

grannytilly2511 Sun 02-May-21 08:04:36

Morning from a sunny but chilly Somerset
Happy birthday mick enjoy your day and your fry up .
Hope gagagran and Dragonfly feel better soon .and anyone else who is not feeling well .
Not a lot going on here today
a walk this morning.
Read the Sunday papers
And roast lamb for dinner
Looking forward to watching Call the Midwife and Line of Duty this eve
Take care and have a good day

Beechnut Sun 02-May-21 08:04:57

Good morning from sunny Severnside.

Happy Birthday Mick ???

Urmstongran Sun 02-May-21 08:12:32

Hello to you grannytilly ? are you a newbie? Welcome, if so.
?

Nannytopsy Sun 02-May-21 08:13:37

Happy Birthday Mick & Gwen! All the best people are born in May - I am 65 tomorrow ?. DS & DH in another few days.
Dragonfly I hope you are feeling much better. You are in the best place.
Gagagran I hope you can feel happier soon. Take some time to spoil yourself.
DS and his little family are coming for my birthday BBQ today. Events always get moved in their house because there’s always someone working. They even moved Christmas Day sometimes when DGC were young enough not to know.
The weather is beautiful at the moment - I just hope it lasts until mid afternoon.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Beechnut Sun 02-May-21 08:14:07

Happy Birthday Gwen ???

grannytilly2511 Sun 02-May-21 08:15:06

Happy Birthday Gwenisgreat have a lovey day

Nannytopsy Sun 02-May-21 08:15:57

Welcome Granytilly

kittylester Sun 02-May-21 08:20:48

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

dragonfly, hope you are feeling ok now and they find out what is going on.

Many happy returns to everyone celebrating birthdays today including Princess Charlotte who looks a lot like our Persie!

gaga, just be gentle with yourself, you have had a lot going on.

(((Hugs))) Harri.

Had a lovely day yesterday putting the hall to rights, aided by DD3's partner (he has muscles) and then a couple of hours with DD3 and co.

Today will be a pootling and faffing day before roast beef rib for lunch and the papers in preparation for LOD. We also missed Keeping Faith last night so need to catch up with that.

Susan56 Sun 02-May-21 08:21:39

Good morning from Shropshire.

Happy birthday Mick and Gwen???

DGD stayed over again last night so we will take her for her swimming lesson this morning.We are then going to Llangollen for a picnic and hopefully do our Christmas shopping!This is for last Christmas.As we were locked down and couldn’t go to see DH’s family we sent gifts to his parents but didn’t buy for anyone else.We presumed no one would buy for us but apparently there is a stack of presents there for us and the children and as we hope to go down on Wednesday for the day we need to go shopping.DD managed to find us some Christmas wrapping paper in Matalan at 50p a roll!!

Have a lovely few days away Ash and hope you have enough wifi to see olddudders.

Oh dragonfly, what a shock.Hope things have calmed down and you will soon be home?

Hope that Cherry is ok and is feeling better and that her neighbour has allowed them all a peaceful night.

Glad yesterday was a better day harrigran.Thinking of Mary,Auntieflo and all unwell and with worries about loved ones.

Have a good day all.Hope the weather is kind for all the family meet ups??

Alygran Sun 02-May-21 08:22:26

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s bright and sunny so far.
Happy birthday Mick and Gwen
Dragonfly, Gagagran, Harri flowers
DD2 is here. It’s lovely to have some company. Off for a walk today.
Have a good day everyone.Stay safe.

Gelisajams Sun 02-May-21 08:25:23

Good morning from a cool dry Morecambe Bay. It was a cold night but any frost melted before I got up.
Happy Birthday Mick enjoy your day.
Gagagran and Dragonfly and all for whom life I’d difficult at the moment ?.
Hope you are a bit warmer tonight Ash, lovely photos of the sunset.
Not sure whether we are off to church or attend via zoom. Then we will have a drive down the coast in the campa.
Take care everyone and stay safe ???