Gransnet forums

Chat

Yet another *Soops* kitchen for all us like minded people

(1001 Posts)
Galen Sat 29-May-21 20:52:52

I found the key that soop left.
I must complain that getting down to retrieve keys then getting up again is very tricky! Please leave them in a more accessible place in future.
Anyway here’s a bottle of Dom Perignon and a large iced bowl of caviar to open the kitchen!
( we’re going posh this time!

brook2704 Tue 22-Jun-21 19:25:57

Such wonderful celebrations N&G everything rolled into one - what a lovely idea! You all look so happy too!

soop Tue 22-Jun-21 19:29:04

At five o'clock I attempted to post my final message of the day. It would not leave the page. I was spitting tacks. Have just this moment managed to access the internet. I fear that a problem is brewing. In which case, you will hear the bad language across the countless miles.

Please take care of precious dental repairs. For those of you with troublesome joints, listen to your body and try not to overdo such jobs that put a strain on fragile body parts.

The painting has been collected. The smile was genuine. It was a good moment when she walked into the room and her face lit up. I am so happy.

So, dear Kitcheners, on a happy clappy note, I wish you all a pleasant Tuesday evening.

Providing the internet doesn't interfere with my plans, I shall be back with you all tomorrow. Night night. Sleep tight. smile moon

kittylester Tue 22-Jun-21 20:15:29

Just popping in for a catch up on beautiful babies and Christmas celebrations!! confused

And to say I quite like dentists! grin

My brother is still on a stroke ward, having moved to itu for a couple of days and come back. They don't appear to know where his infection is and he is still on iv antibiotics.

In other news, I met up with a few old friends on Friday and, on Saturday, one of them suffered a massive heart attack and underwent a 7 hour operation. It has been an anxious time in the Lester household.

Blossoming Tue 22-Jun-21 21:00:14

Congratulations Soop and hellogirl, there are some lovely photos in the kitchen today. You are going through it kitty, I hope there is some good news for you soon. Thinking of Panache tonight. Goodnight all, I have had a busy few days so an early night is called for.

Doodle Tue 22-Jun-21 21:09:55

N&G what a wonderful celebration. I bet you all enjoyed every minute. Every kids dream to have all the celebrations one after the other, ?
soop many congratulations on the birth of Willow. I love the name.
Kitty sorry they still can’t trace your brothers infection. Hope the antibiotics work soon.
Hellogirl my what a lovely little lad your Hudson is. That smile. He’s looks so cuddly.
Grandmafrench I was anxiously reading through your story with mounting tension. So glad Paxo was just out for a ride on your scooter and not sailing down the rapids in a kayak. What a relief.
Sorry your DH has had such a painful knee, hope it is more comfortable now.
Nannytopsy those poppies are beautiful. What colour.
Perhaps the kitchen should take out a joint Dental plan. What is it with all these broken teeth. I too have paid a fortune for a new crown ? . Nearly cost as much as the real thing.
TOYA ?

Hellogirl1 Tue 22-Jun-21 21:36:16

brook, I love the photo of the meadow with all the wildflowers, so pretty. Last tme we were in Cambridge was 1980, we walked past Kings College chapel, but unfortunately didn`t have time to visit inside.
N&G, lovely photos, sounds like a wonderful tme of celebrations was had by all.
Soop, what a wonderful thing to look forward to, a trip to the highlands, wish I was joining you.
Kitty, sorry to hear that they still haven`t sorted your brother out, I hope he doesn`t have to wait too long.
Lynne`s taken to her bed early tonight, so I`m bored with nothing worthy of turning the TV on, and I`ve finished my book, waiting till morning to start another. I might do something rather alien to me..................have an early night!

gillgran Tue 22-Jun-21 22:38:49

Congratulations to you & your family, soop, a lovely addition to your family.

Hellogirl, cute photos of your DGS.

N&G, you've had an eventful time lately, I'm pleased your celebration dinner was so enjoyable. Great to be with your family.

More lovely photos of poppies from Nannytopsy,
& the super wild flower meadow in Cambridge, brook. (have a safe journey home).

Warm thoughts to you all.

Nannytopsy Tue 22-Jun-21 23:26:49

Congratulations soop and family and what a smiley little chap Hudson is!
Many of the fields around us have a strip of wild flowers around them this year. They are so colourful!

muse Wed 23-Jun-21 00:41:57

Yiayia4. Hope you enjoyed the Cornish sun today. More tomorrow too.

Grandmafrench I started to take turmeric about 2 months and arthritis is much improved in my hands. Hope it works it way around the rest of my joints. Yes - son's skin condition started to improve after he gave his notice in.
I've had a wonderful chirpy day today. Escaped the lure of the build. and went garden gazing and became a lady who lunches.
Left poor MrM to drain all the rain water out of the hole and get the 2nd tank in.

Hope your skin continues to settle down Jax.

soop. I love the name.

Midnight and MrM has just come in to say he's rescued a frog that had managed to get fall into the 2nd tank. He saw it there just before sunset. Bearing in mind these tanks are 2m tall and it was then pitch black outside, with the aid of a sieve fastened onto the end of a long pole and wearing his head torch, he'd leaned into the tank and coaxed it out. ❤️

Enough excitement for Tuesday. It's early to rise for me. Hope there's news of Panache tomorrow.
Lights out. Night ? ?

Puzzler61 Wed 23-Jun-21 07:11:07

So good to read everyone’s news. Kitty yours could be better and I hope your brother’s infection responds to treatment soon.
soop Congrats to all your family - nothing beats the excitement of a new baby.
Well done on completing your dog painting too. It will be very special to your friend.

Hellogirl what a super little chap you have shared a photo of.

I was worried reading about your elderly cat Grandmafrench and was so afraid of reading on as I feared the worst, but No, it turned out fine. ?‍⬛ They continue to surprise us with their sudden change of habits and just letting us know who is Boss really.
N&G what a fun-filled, action packed weekend you had. A brilliant idea from one of your family and the photo’s show how much you all enjoyed it. Just 6 months to wait for your next family Christmas ? .

Wonderful photo’s taken by kitcheners - we could make our own calendar for 2022.
Safe journey home Brook.
And to all other kitchen peeps take care, chew carefully, no more broken teeth please.
I had to settle a £220 bill at my last month and thought it a tad pricey but reading stories from others here it’s clear that my bill was peanuts compared to some.
I’m saving up again for the next visit. ?
Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Puzzler61 Wed 23-Jun-21 07:12:29

at my Dentist’s

Puzzler61 Wed 23-Jun-21 07:14:24

Nooooo .. not catch up with you at my Dentist’s, I don’t mean that!
I omitted to write “my Dentist’s” when talking about the Bill.

dragonfly46 Wed 23-Jun-21 07:15:20

Sorry to hear your brother is still not well and about your friend kitty. I sent you a couple of PMs - did you get them?

kittylester Wed 23-Jun-21 07:30:33

Hi dragonfly I haven't had any messages from you. I've sent you one too.

Charleygirl5 Wed 23-Jun-21 09:21:16

kittylester it is such a worry especially as there is no diagnosis.

Hudson is just gorgeous. Hellogirl. I hope Billy is not jealous when he sees him.

I also have a broken tooth- do our teeth crumble after a certain age?

I watched the Scotland match last night and I am now in mourning and thinking of switching my allegiance to the England side.
TOYA

soop Wed 23-Jun-21 11:09:57

N&G Now that's what I call a proper family celebration. Fabulous memories for all the family.

I logged on to be informed that they was a "glitch" of some sort. Persevered and managed to download the following photo of Willow with her grandparents and Ted. HAD to share with you lovely lot. wink

soop Wed 23-Jun-21 11:11:46

Must have a shower and catch up with normal, every day doings. Still buzzing with excitement.

I shall return.

soop Wed 23-Jun-21 13:05:05

Hello again lovely peeps.

The orange light has flashed on three occasions since I first logged on. I shall read through your messages and hope to respond before something more drastic occurs. hmm

Charleyg Scotland did play a good game. Sadly, not good enough. No matter, their time will come.

Puzzler Your photographs are certainly special enough to be featured on a calendar. What a good idea.

Jax I'm hoping that you have the necessary relief from the constant itching. I am relieved that you haven't Scottish midges to deal with. That would be a buggeration too far.

muse Please hug Mr M for me. He is a trooper and anyone prepared to rescue a frog in such circumstances is a VIP.

Doodle Your comment re the cost of the crown, made me grin

kitty We all look forward to more positive news. This must be a very distressing time for you. Hopefully the experts will have the answers that they need in order to give your brother the treatment that will improve his sad situation.

Just one more pic before I have lunch. Thank you for being patient with me. wink

Susan56 Wed 23-Jun-21 13:14:53

Oh my goodness Soop!the picture of Willow with her grandparents, her little face???

Love the pictures of the family celebrations N and G?looks like a good time was had by all and my goodness the boys have grown?

Will be back later.Hospital visit and supermarket shop this afternoon?

Charleygirl5 Wed 23-Jun-21 13:37:15

soop I was pleased to see that Ted appears to be happy with such a gorgeous baby sister. She is enjoying her shut-eye.
The sun is shining here- it is a perfect day.

Grandmafrench Wed 23-Jun-21 13:39:22

Charley dear, I think the problem is not ancient crumbling teeth but LOCKDOWNS ! Hope you're well otherwise.

Kitty everything crossed that a diagnosis is made very soon for your poor Bro.

Fabulous baby photos, soop. No wonder you're excited. I don't suppose you can see it - close relatives never can - but in the family photo (the one with your so handsome Son), everyone -except his Wife- has The Look of Soop. Seriously.
And that's something to be celebrated. ?

Puzzler all cats present and correct (and snoring in the shade!)

I'm off to write a rude letter to the French Government! Maybe I need a decent hobby?

Take care all. Hugs and love to you dear Panaches

soop Wed 23-Jun-21 14:21:18

*Grandmafrench Go girl, go. Tell it as it is. You know that you can do it. x

Grandmabatty Wed 23-Jun-21 14:50:18

What a wee beauty Soop. The world is better with babies in it. I have returned from art class and I'm feeling soothed. Dinner at friends tonight. A bientôt mes amies.

cornergran Wed 23-Jun-21 14:57:52

Willow is beautiful soop, wonderful photos. I’m so pleased the portrait was just right, not that I had any doubt.

Hope you get better news soon kitty, look after yourself.

Hold to your resolve grandmafrench, don’t hold back.

Goodness, an epidemic of crumbling teeth. Please don’t share the tendency, smile.

That was some achievement by Mr M, muse, good for him.

It seems to have decided to be summer here today, a walk along the beach was followed by coffee and a (shared, be proud of me grin) cake in a new seafront cafe, it has good views and I’m sure will be popular. There was a queue when we left.

The garden centre had the water feature I’ve been coveting, at half price it just had to come home with us. Next job is installation. It could take a while grin.

TOYA

soop Wed 23-Jun-21 15:35:50

corner The sunshine has deserted Kintyre. I am happy to learn that you have treated yourself to the water feature. A photo would be nice, once it's installed.

Grandmabatty Art can soothe the troubled soul. That's a fact. On the other hand, when a painting proves to be almost beyond one's capabilities...stress levels can rise dangerously high. Since receiving heartfelt thanks for the doggie portrait, I have calmed down and can relax sufficiently to watch the tennis at Eastbourne. I should be ironing. But, I am not bothered. Hence, a cup of tea and feet up seems likes a sensible alternative. wink

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion