Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Harry: "I want my Father back. I want my brother back"

(1000 Posts)
OnwardandUpward Tue 03-Jan-23 13:34:07

Ah diddums are the consequences of your actions catching up with you?

A change of heart is needed! You need to face up to your own actions and stop acting as the only victim.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 03-Jan-23 13:41:52

Indeed, Onward if you insult your family in public you can hardly complain that you want them back, can you? He is the sad victim of his own actions.

I'm a bit too young to recall, but did the late Duke and Duchess of Windsor have so much to say about their lives, decisions and actions?

Smileless2012 Tue 03-Jan-23 13:42:33

A change of heart and a change of perspective Onward.

I honestly don't know what he expects his father and brother to do. Are they really ever likely to have a private heart to heart with him when in all likelihood, it will be plastered all over the media?

Smileless2012 Tue 03-Jan-23 13:44:20

From what I've read about them lovebeigecardigans they said very little and accepted the consequences of their actions. Something Harry needs to learn.

volver Tue 03-Jan-23 13:48:08

Smileless2012

From what I've read about them lovebeigecardigans they said very little and accepted the consequences of their actions. Something Harry needs to learn.

Och, they were Nazis but you have to take the rough with the smooth. At least they didn't talk about it 🤣

Floriel Tue 03-Jan-23 13:49:43

It reminds of the old story of the boy who shoots both his parents and pleads for mercy from the judge - ‘Have pity on me, I’m a poor orphan.’

Glorianny Tue 03-Jan-23 13:53:30

It might be nice if a thread could start off with a little accuracy. Harry's words are "I would like to have my father back." "I would like to get my brother back."
No sense of demanding.
Of course that doesn't fit the antagonistic attitudes that some have towards him.

AGAA4 Tue 03-Jan-23 13:53:40

Harry is being ignored by his father and brother which must be hurting him now. He has caused many of the problems by airing them for the whole world to see.
I think he must be feeling lonely now.

25Avalon Tue 03-Jan-23 14:02:16

Wah! Wah! He has his 30 pieces of silver and shows no regrets.

Anniebach Tue 03-Jan-23 14:03:32

He needs them, what can he write or talk about after his book is published,

M0nica Tue 03-Jan-23 14:03:47

He seems to be unaware of the classic advice: If you find your self in hole of your own making, stop digging.

DerbyshireLass Tue 03-Jan-23 14:04:20

Harry isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He betrays his family, insults the British People and then wonders why he isn't welcomed back with open arms.

He may not be a Nazi sympathiser/collaborator like Edward VIII but there are many who view him as a traitor.

He will have to work very hard to win back trust. I do feel a certain sympathy for him.....but the truth is his wounds are self inflicted.

Aveline Tue 03-Jan-23 14:10:38

Anniebach says it all. He doesn't have anything else to sell.

Blackcat3 Tue 03-Jan-23 14:17:03

Poor little rich boy…realises that if he’s not royalty he’s nothing. Always looks so miserable nowadays…..

Glorianny Tue 03-Jan-23 14:18:36

Smileless2012

Both The Duke and Duchess wrote their own life story, published in the early 1950s
A King's Story-him
and
The Heart Has its Reasons-her
There is an excellent novel by Wendy Holden called "The Duchess" which questions many of the stories circulated by the British press about Wallis Simpson, who was condemned as a dominatrix who ruled Edward through the sexual practices she had learned in Singapore (another woman who pinched a prince!!!)

Witzend Tue 03-Jan-23 14:19:49

Then an apology for slagging them off so publicly might not come amiss. Not to mention presumably giving an awful lot of grief to the Queen - Charles’ mother - when she was very old and increasingly frail, and grieving for Prince Philip.

I do hope no GNers are going to buy his wretched book. I saw it marked down to £14 in Smiths today - 🤞they’ll be desperately marking it down to a fiver soon - but I dare say I’ll be disappointed.

DerbyshireLass Tue 03-Jan-23 14:20:39

Just watched the interview .....hmmmmm.

Bolivian flu????

Dilated pupils, constant sniffing, signs of paranoia, incoherent rambling.

VioletSky Tue 03-Jan-23 14:22:11

If I had been trashed all over the press, in often racially loaded ways and my own father and brother stood back and said nothing...

I'd be wanting my father and brother back too, in the roles they should have inhabited from the beginning.

This is what happens when you have a an image motivated family invested in rug sweeping and you try to tell the truth because your childhood and your own family have harmed you.

Only in this case, it has played out in the public eye and quite a lot of the public are just as invested in the image of the royal family as the royal family themselves..

MawtheMerrier Tue 03-Jan-23 14:25:13

DerbyshireLass

Just watched the interview .....hmmmmm.

Bolivian flu????

Dilated pupils, constant sniffing, signs of paranoia, incoherent rambling.

Do you know, for the first time I was wondering the same?
Now there’s a thought to conjure with.

MawtheMerrier Tue 03-Jan-23 14:26:53

I do hope no GNers are going to buy his wretched book. I saw it marked down to £14 in Smiths today - 🤞they’ll be desperately marking it down to a fiver soon - but I dare say I’ll be disappointed

Would it burn nicely to help heat our living rooms?
Perhaps if it is reduced further they’ll pay us to take a copy - a bit like the WFP!

MawtheMerrier Tue 03-Jan-23 14:28:02

Floriel

It reminds of the old story of the boy who shoots both his parents and pleads for mercy from the judge - ‘Have pity on me, I’m a poor orphan.’

Isn’t that said to be the definition of chutzpah ?

BigBertha1 Tue 03-Jan-23 14:29:07

All this dirty washing in public! When did it ever do anyone any good?

Glorianny Tue 03-Jan-23 14:37:24

Well it's number 20 on The Amazon Best sellers list and it isn't even released yet. Sorry all you sour individuals, doubt if it will be the failure you hope. Can't understand why you would condemn it anyway he's just doing what you all wanted earning his own living (and supporting charities- but I suppose that's wrong as well)

Callistemon21 Tue 03-Jan-23 14:44:15

he's just doing what you all wanted earning his own living (and wsupporting charities- but I suppose that's wrong as well)

Yes, jolly good, so are most of our DC I expect.
Well done

But not trashing their families in the process then crying crocodile tears in public because their loved ones have withdrawn in their hurt and confusion.

Callistemon21 Tue 03-Jan-23 14:44:35

Poor man, he does need help.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion