Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Daughter said they are going to emigrate!!!

(188 Posts)
Gardenman99 Tue 04-Oct-16 19:14:37

Our daughter told my wife and I today that she/son-in-law and our two wonderful grandchildren are planning to move to Canada to live. We have told her we would never forgive her and our son-in-law if they took our grandchildren away from us.How would you feel.

Jalima Sun 09-Oct-16 19:33:28

have we been had?

Leticia Sun 09-Oct-16 19:36:50

Quite possibly we have been.
I would hope that no one could pile on the emotional blackmail like that and then manipulate the grandchildren. It is very unfair.

Luckygirl Sun 09-Oct-16 19:39:04

"Had" or not, it is an interesting discussion.

Jalima Sun 09-Oct-16 19:39:40

Even if we've been 'had' someone in a similar situation may read this thread and think twice before they speak like that to their DD!

Every cloud

MargaretX Sun 09-Oct-16 20:45:22

I also had this thought.

BlueBelle Sun 09-Oct-16 21:41:45

Out of interest was that just a good memory Ana or can you look at people older posts and if so how ?

granjura Sun 09-Oct-16 21:45:38

Same question from me. On the other Forum I participate in, you can look up the history of a poster- either all her/his posts or all the threads started by her/him.

Ana Sun 09-Oct-16 21:47:16

Just put the name in the Search box at the top of the page.

Obviously it's only useful if there haven't been many posts!

Ana Sun 09-Oct-16 21:49:11

Just put my own username in and there are pages and pages...

obieone Sun 09-Oct-16 22:57:59

My first and only post showed I was doubtful from the start.

Lewlew Tue 11-Oct-16 13:28:32

Well, bugger. I have been really busy and not reading much or posting, but one of the great things about even an odd OP's post is that I learn a lot about the resonding posters. As I am a newbie it's nice to know there are others out there who carefully consider questions/situations and contribute helpful suggestions to the issues put up by OPs.

So I personally am taking back my part this thread to give a big thumbs up to say GN is a great place and am very glad to have found it. If there be trolls or even if GN tosses out these kinds of questions to create buzz... then maybe we just have to say 'lesson learnt' on a thread and move on.

Cheers to all of you! wine flowers

DaphneBroon Tue 11-Oct-16 14:03:24

So easy to sound wise after the event obieone.
I see that you asked if it was OP's first post. How on earth can that be construed as showing you were doubtful from the start?? confused