Gransnet forums

News & politics

Jo Brand

(336 Posts)
WadesNan Thu 13-Jun-19 11:08:55

Does anyone else think that Jo Brand's "joke" was in bad taste? Talking about the milkshake throwing she said "Why bother with milkshake when you could get some battery acid"

I appreciate she is anti-Brexit and she is entitled to share her views on that but surely this "joke" was a step too far.

Elvive Sat 15-Jun-19 22:33:53

here is some repeated content.....the police have much much better things to do , than follow up an accusation that somebody has looked at somebody else in a wrong way.

RUBBISH.

Elvive Sat 15-Jun-19 22:36:42

lemon dear old lemon.....read back if you can....I believe 3 times i have said I don't care for her " joke".

annep1 Sun 16-Jun-19 01:02:44

No doubt the next time a gang of terrorists run amok with knives and call it "Comedy" the Met will stand by and applaud their artistic endeavours in the name of edgey comedy. LOCK HER UP.
What a ridiculous statement lol!

maxdecatt Sun 16-Jun-19 09:51:36

You can rely on Gransnet to delete comments that are too close to the truth. Censorship is ineffective if you cannot delete the truth.

maxdecatt Sun 16-Jun-19 09:55:04

Hovecheese. Clearly you do not follow the news and rely on censored portions of the media to cosset you in your comfort zone.,

maxdecatt Sun 16-Jun-19 10:07:26

What is ridiculous? LOCK HER UP or police reaction to loonies with knives?

lillyofthevalley Sun 16-Jun-19 12:06:32

wrong wrong wrong at every level - Not funny - not appropriate - guess she won't be on the extra slice this Autumn - shot yourself in the foot there.

annep1 Sun 16-Jun-19 12:41:30

I'm not saying she wasn't stupid to say it but it doesn't warrant the remarks being made.
Maxdecatt I don't think you need me to explain.

lemongrove Sun 16-Jun-19 20:04:25

I agree lillyofthevalley ( nice name btw)
Although it often seems that the Beeb gleefully courts controversy these days and we may well see Brand in even more panel games as a result.

maxdecatt Mon 17-Jun-19 09:22:42

Annepl. Oh I do, I do.