Gransnet forums

News & politics

The foolishness of anti-vaxxers

(262 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 01-Dec-21 07:51:33

Refuse the covid because you don’t want those chemicals pumped into your body?

The picture shows what will be needed to keep you alive if you get covid and need the ICU. Note the amount of chemicals.

Bloody idiots.

Lucca Mon 06-Dec-21 04:17:31

Indeed

Mamma66 Mon 06-Dec-21 04:20:21

Just had an interesting thought. It is compulsory to wear seat belts in the UK to protect both yourself and others in the vehicle as an unrestrained person can crush others in the car. If you don’t wear a seatbelt (unless you have an exemption) you risk a fine. None of us bats an eyelid or moans about personal choice. An interesting parallel…

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 05:56:17

Well they did moan at the time. My Grandad was furious with the new law said every thing he could think of against it. Never remember him not wearing one in the end.

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 06:03:00

I have been using this thread as fodder for arguement with my 36 year old DD. Her best mate, a nurse, recovered from covid in the beginning last year, this set my daughter off in an anti vac fashion.
Yesterday she announced she would be vaccinated. Yeah!

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 06:05:59

Sorry 3rd post
I would add she gave the reason as the ever tightening restrictions in France when you do not have a Pass Sanitaire. Whatever works.......

Petera Mon 06-Dec-21 06:58:05

Alegrias1

Norway, Ireland, Denmark, Australia, Canada.... all good democratic countries. None have compulsory id cards.

Incidentally, neither does France wink

Yebbut....

You do need to have some form of government-issued ID in France, and the police can hold you for several hours if they're not happy with what you've produced.

(Not that I disagree about the general point about ID cards being unnecessary)

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 08:05:49

I know Petera, I used to live there. ?

It makes it worse: you don't have to have this card and be on a government database, but if you don't we might put you in the cells for a while

Lucca Mon 06-Dec-21 11:11:12

To me this speaks sense

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:07:05

Pour séjourner légalement en France plus de 3 mois, un étranger majeur doit obligatoirement avoir un visa de long séjour ou un titre de séjour, sauf s'il est citoyen d'un pays de l'EEE ou suisse.21 oct. 2020

You need a carte de séjour or a visa to live in France permanently

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:08:01

Another Brexit bonus

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:30:17

I had to have a carte de séjour when I lived there in the nineties. Someone else's country, they can make up the rules.

Est-on obligé d'avoir une carte d'identité ?
Vérifié le 17 mars 2021 - Direction de l'information légale et administrative (Premier ministre)

Non, aucun texte ne vous oblige à avoir une carte d'identité.

www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F11601