Gransnet forums

Pets

Goodbye Kiara - you have been a lovely cat

(41 Posts)
ElaineI Fri 15-Oct-21 11:52:35

This morning DH and I said goodbye to our wee tortie who was 18 ½ and had severe renal disease. We have been nursing her over the last week and a half but she had begun to struggle and stopped eating even the kitten yogurty tubes. It was very sad but our vet has been extremely supportive and it was time.
Nothing more to say really but there is a cat shaped hole in our hearts. sad

hazel93 Fri 15-Oct-21 12:02:09

It's so very hard isn't it ? Losing our pets is heartbreaking and we grieve just as we do with a family member , which is exactly what they are of course.
Kiara obviously had a wonderful life with you so try to smile as you wipe away the tears. She was one happy cat !

Grandmagrim Fri 15-Oct-21 12:03:15

My heart goes out to you for your loss.
flowers

Fridayschild Fri 15-Oct-21 12:03:43

It’s always hard to say goodbye to a much loved pet - they’re part of the family and often much nicer than humans! Take comfort that your wee cat has had a wonderfully long life in a loving home. I’m so sorry for your loss. x🐾💔

crazyH Fri 15-Oct-21 12:05:12

Awwwww flowers. As a child I had a cat called ‘Rowena’. Loved her to bits. But I have now developed chronic asthma and bronchiectasis and cannot go near a cat. 😩

Zoejory Fri 15-Oct-21 12:06:43

So very sorry, Elaine1

Losing a much loved pet is so hard.

Cherish your memories

Smileless2012 Fri 15-Oct-21 12:08:07

Sorry for the loss of Kiara Elaine. I have a wooden heart shaped plaque in my kitchen, a gift from a friend that reads 'Cats leave paw prints on your heart' and they doflowers.

maddyone Fri 15-Oct-21 12:13:01

It’s horrid isn’t it Elaine? I’m so sorry to hear this, I remember well when we lost our kitties this way. flowers

lavenderzen Fri 15-Oct-21 12:14:20

So sorry flowers

annsixty Fri 15-Oct-21 12:17:18

flowers for you.
We catlovers fully understand.

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-Oct-21 12:23:42

I had to say goodbye to Tara in January and I am still missing her. I fully understand what you are going through It is not just a cat- they are part of the family..

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 15-Oct-21 12:33:07

I’m so very sorry Elaine. Many of us understand that pain. 💐

Blossoming Fri 15-Oct-21 12:36:30

So sorry for the loss of your beloved cat Elaine1

nanaK54 Fri 15-Oct-21 12:41:14

It's so hard isn't it.
Sending kindest thoughts flowers

TerriBull Fri 15-Oct-21 12:48:04

So sorry for you Elaine1 flowers always hard when a much loved, and long lived furry companion dies.

BladeAnnie Fri 15-Oct-21 12:48:07

Oh my goodness - you are in my thoughts at such a sad time 💐. Always remember that you gave her the very best life 💕

Ro60 Fri 15-Oct-21 12:51:18

Thinking of you - such a shock losing a loyal member of the family 💐

ElaineI Fri 15-Oct-21 12:57:11

Thank you all. She had a lovely life - our garden backs on to a residential home with huge gardens so is a haven for cats and wildlife. Before I retired as a nurse I often visited patients in that home and discovered she visited the residents when the door was open and they had bought treats for her and another visiting cat smile

Visgir1 Fri 15-Oct-21 13:08:20

Sorry for your loss, fully understand, my Margo had the same Renal issue. We kept her going with meds and a excellent Vet for nearly 2 years. We let her go just before her 20th birthday.
She was ready to go, no cat box needed just in my arms.
Our dear beautiful girl, gave us love and happiness.
All pets bring love and hope you will soon remember her without tears, just joy that she was part of your family. flowers

LindaPat Fri 15-Oct-21 13:09:47

My heart goes out to you elaineI . It is absolutely heartbreaking, a pet is a member of the family.

I/we have always had pets, and the pain of losing them does not get easier to bear.

At the moment we have 2 cats, full sisters, now 12 and a half years old. Both still ok health wise, as far as we know, but one of them is taking the stairs at a slower pace - I know how she feels!

I'm glad Kiara had a happy life and was loved, she was a lucky girl. Sending you hugs.

Take care, xx

Sparklefizz Fri 15-Oct-21 13:19:03

I am so sorry for your loss, ElaineI. All pet lovers will understand how you feel. Grief is the price we pay for love, and your Kiara was much-loved. flowers

Nortsat Fri 15-Oct-21 13:39:09

So sorry Elaine.

Step gently over the rainbow bridge, Kiara. 🐈 🌈

JaneJudge Fri 15-Oct-21 13:41:51

I'm sorry flowers it is so upsetting to lose a dear companion

Shandy57 Fri 15-Oct-21 13:44:17

So sorry ElaineI, my cat is 16 and now starting to show her age. RIP to Kiara, I hope you can plant a rose in her favourite sunbathing spot xx

Josianne Fri 15-Oct-21 13:44:18

So sorry. flowers
I know exactly how you feel.