Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Not in the spirit of Gransnet

(335 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Beswitched Tue 15-Feb-22 21:13:32

Really riled about this. A poster started a thread earlier today about bossy pisters trying to control threads. A lot of other posters agreed and said they too had often been made to feel uncomfortable, belittled or jeered at by a minority of posters.

A couple of posters then came on accusing the OP of stirring it and saying people should Name names. Other pisters quite rightly pointed out that this was inappropriate and against rules. The thread was then abruptly zapped as 'not being in the spirit...'

Concerned, I started a thread wondering about the zapping and requesting an explanation. Again a majority of posters agreedand also asjed for an explanation. Again, a couple of posters came on saying they didn't like the original thread, and also objected to my thread.

Once again HQ zapped the thread with no proper explanation. What is going on here!

Beswitched Wed 16-Feb-22 07:41:33

Caleo

"Pisters" is so funny! Best laugh all day. thanks.

I know. I was going to post again to correct it but decided against

BlueBelle Wed 16-Feb-22 07:45:31

Heck you go to work for 5 hours and the whole world changes think I d better stay home to watch my screen today
No idea what anyones talking about I hate getting left out of a melee
What have I missed who s the goodies and whose the baddies
???

kittylester Wed 16-Feb-22 07:51:57

Bluebelle, if you find out, perhaps you can let me know!!

tickingbird Wed 16-Feb-22 07:52:31

Maudi

Well some posters obviously feel that there is a problem so why not be sympathic to them instead of the usual sarcastic posts. Perhaps the ones posting that there isn't a problem/cliques/bullying are actual problem.

The lady(ies) doth protest too much…..

Lucca Wed 16-Feb-22 07:55:30

Could it…..possibly….be loonie lefties versus Boris babes ?!

Oldnproud Wed 16-Feb-22 08:00:12

GillT57

JaneJudge

certain posters
bossy posters
groups of posters
posting posters

My thoughts exactly smile. These whiny stirring the pot type posts do not end well, make people feel uncomfortable wondering if they are "provocative" or members of "a coven".

I agree, GillT57

tickingbird Wed 16-Feb-22 08:05:09

Why would anyone wonder if they were part of a coven? I’m definitely not but, then again, I wasn’t aware there used to be one that left!!

Casdon Wed 16-Feb-22 08:11:31

I haven’t been following the deleted threads, and I’m not clear what the purpose of this one is, but it’s surely not the political threads being referred to, there are strong voices on there but from lots of different perspectives - and those are the threads to avoid for the faint hearted who aren’t up for people disagreeing with them because politics is bound to be contentious.
Or is the OP referring to people being ‘bossy’ and trying to control the chat type threads - I always think that the estrangement and royal threads bring out the worst in people, they are the ones I cringe at unkindness on- but it’s all personal opinion?

Millie22 Wed 16-Feb-22 08:40:13

Oh fgs if this continues I might go back to MN. It's all sweetness and light there.

???

Iam64 Wed 16-Feb-22 08:46:04

Miss a day and I always seem to miss a riot. Love your post about loonie lefties and Boris babes Luca. Also enjoyed tickingbird on the gransnet coven ?

Maria59 Wed 16-Feb-22 09:16:29

Bossy posters can report threads they do not like and then they are removed.
Perhaps GN should refer to previous reports to check if its malicious reporting same for those members who are often reported

Tina49 Wed 16-Feb-22 09:20:27

Millie22

Oh fgs if this continues I might go back to MN. It's all sweetness and light there.

???

gringrin

Coastpath Wed 16-Feb-22 09:55:33

The first rule of the Gransnet coven is that you are never a member of the Gransnet coven.

GillT57 Wed 16-Feb-22 09:56:23

I agree Tina and at least on MN you can cuss a bit without people fainting.

Maggiemaybe Wed 16-Feb-22 10:04:43

Is the GN coven the same as the GN clique?

Maggiemaybe Wed 16-Feb-22 10:08:57

And are they both the same as the mysterious GN Inner Circle?

GillT57 Wed 16-Feb-22 10:09:22

Maggiemaybe

Is the GN coven the same as the GN clique?

Coukd be,but as Groucho Marx said "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member".

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Feb-22 10:11:44

Maggiemaybe

And are they both the same as the mysterious GN Inner Circle?

I’ve never heard of them!
Are they like the Knights Templar?

Coastpath Wed 16-Feb-22 10:15:10

GN Coven = bossy posters who aren't in your clique
GN Clique = posters with shared views that differ from yours
GN Clinique = people who only post on the Style and Beauty forum

BigBertha1 Wed 16-Feb-22 10:17:30

That's me GN Clinique.

Lucca Wed 16-Feb-22 10:21:18

Nice one coastpath

Blossoming Wed 16-Feb-22 10:22:31

Good morning fellow pisters.

Oops, wrong thread grin.

Maggiemaybe Wed 16-Feb-22 10:25:25

Never heard of the Inner Circle, Fanny?

Very few have (taps side of nose knowingly).

Witzend Wed 16-Feb-22 10:25:57

welbeck

pisseur de copie ?

I’ve recently read a novel where someone accused another of being a ‘pisseur de copie’ and now I can’t remember which it was - very annoying!

J52 Wed 16-Feb-22 10:26:43

Coastpath

GN Coven = bossy posters who aren't in your clique
GN Clique = posters with shared views that differ from yours
GN Clinique = people who only post on the Style and Beauty forum

???