Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Cry

(116 Posts)
trisher Mon 01-Oct-18 11:06:22

Did anyone watch this? I only got half way through and had to turn it off. I didn't care what the story was. I didn't care about any of the characters. All I cared about was the poor baby who for the sake of filming seemed to be left to cry when it suited. I wanted his mum to pick him up and cuddle him. I wanted someone to take him away from all of them. I just couldn't stand it.

seacliff Wed 03-Oct-18 17:17:51

Me too grannyticktock.

BlueBelle Wed 03-Oct-18 17:29:20

Well Hilda I don’t think two posts are ‘keep explaining’ neither did I think I said anything to dispute you being entitled to your own opinion, quite the reverse actually, so let’s leave it at that

Me too grannyticktock

Bellanonna Sun 07-Oct-18 23:59:35

Tonight’s episode was much better. However, the ending has left me very puzzled.

travelsafar Mon 08-Oct-18 07:43:16

BelladonnaI wonder if they have aranged for the baby to be taken so that the ex wife goes to prison accused of kidnapping and they can then have his daughter living with them back in England. The husband was starting custody proceedings for her.

BlueBelle Mon 08-Oct-18 07:58:06

Oh er you’re clever that never entered my empty head but if that were the case I think maybe the husband was acting alone she surely can’t be making that distress up can she She a believable actress I think this is a good drama

overthehill Mon 08-Oct-18 08:18:01

Madeline McCann re-enactment? What a twist at the end thoroughly enjoying it.

Bellanonna Mon 08-Oct-18 08:49:55

BlueBelle, they were colluding together at the end though! Plus he knew she had taken the yellow bib just before Noah disappeared.

Bellanonna Mon 08-Oct-18 08:51:17

Good thinking Travels

BlueBelle Mon 08-Oct-18 09:00:47

Ummm you’re right there Bella oh the plot thickens

humptydumpty Mon 08-Oct-18 13:47:42

BellaU is that right about the bib? I must have missed it - thought she slipped it into her pocket when the police were taking everything..

Farmor15 Mon 08-Oct-18 13:57:40

Agree that this episode was better. I realised there was some kind of twist at the end, and couldn't really figure out what was going on. Then I found this:
www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-10-07/the-cry-episode-2-recap-theories-questions-clues/
It doesn't give spoilers for next episodes but at least makes clearer. Sometimes I'm a bit slow at following these dramas, so this type of recap helps!

Eloethan Mon 08-Oct-18 17:58:28

I thought it was good.

BlueBelle Mon 08-Oct-18 18:36:19

Ah thanks Farmore that helped me too I missed a few of those pointers and it’s getting clearer now

mcem Mon 08-Oct-18 19:25:49

You're not alone in your opinion and choice hilda!

Bellanonna Mon 08-Oct-18 23:26:23

Farmor, thanks for that. It clarifies a lot of things. I was suspicious when he made her rehearse for the TV appeal by pausing for emotional effect. He’s cold and calculating. But I wonder where Noah is?

Grandma2213 Mon 08-Oct-18 23:41:39

This is certainly a drama that makes you concentrate. The twist at the end was surprising and set off a whole new line of thought. There seem to be so many little unexplained clues eg the bruises on her arm, the bib, the bootee in the daughter's room and many of the comments. The ex wife seems too obvious and it is early in the series to have her accused. His mother seems over nice though hmmmm!! I can't wait for the next episode.

merlotgran Sun 14-Oct-18 22:29:22

Wow!! Another cliffhanger.

Bellanonna Sun 14-Oct-18 22:46:59

Not what we thought last week then!

Jalima1108 Sun 14-Oct-18 23:04:48

Glad I'm not a young mother thinking of going to Australia though - what a nightmare for her and other passengers.
There was one on our flight coming back Brunette - a toddler rather than a baby.
I found myself gritting my teeth and muttering 'give her a dummy, give her a bottle, give her a cuddle, take her for a walk, whatever' as she was standing in the aisle just wailing miserably for what felt like hours. It then progressed to loud screams as we prepared to land.

I don't think I could stand it either trisher.

BlueBelle Sun 14-Oct-18 23:14:42

Ohh tonight was good what a twist at the end

Jalima1108 Sun 14-Oct-18 23:18:51

perhaps I should watch it with ear plugs

Bellanonna Sun 14-Oct-18 23:32:24

Sadly it’s progressed from there Jalima.

Jalima1108 Sun 14-Oct-18 23:37:12

Oh, if it's sad I don't think I'll watch it.

BlueBelle Mon 15-Oct-18 04:44:39

It’s a good storyline with a twist Jalima well worth watching
I think the acting is very good too

sodapop Mon 15-Oct-18 06:43:09

Yes I agree BlueBelle I was a bit unsure after the first episode but have have really engaged with the story now, what a manipulator Alastair was. Looking forward to the finale. It took me a while to get the image of Victoria out of my head, I enjoyed that series as well.