Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly 2026- Remembering Sparklefizz.

(214 Posts)
Calendargirl Sat 19-Sept-26 12:38:39

Just a reminder that the revamped Strictly starts tonight, 7.25pm.

I’ve posted this as Sparklefizz, who always kicked Strictly off, is no longer here, sadly.

RIP Sparklefizz.

šŸ’ƒ

rafichagran Sat 26-Sept-26 19:30:24

Stacey's dance was lovely. I like Vito.

rafichagran Sat 26-Sept-26 19:32:24

Stacey was good. I love Vito as well.

rafichagran Sat 26-Sept-26 19:32:58

Sorry thought the first one had not posted.

Cossy Sat 26-Sept-26 19:32:59

rafichagran

Stacey's dance was lovely. I like Vito.

I loved it, but I love her too! Seen her in a couple of tv things, of course she is famous for Eastenders.

Grandmabatty Sat 26-Sept-26 19:49:24

I thought Lacey was the best so far.

Grandmabatty Sat 26-Sept-26 19:51:11

I also like that we don't get too much of the rehearsals and the padding has been cut right down. I'm enjoying it too Kitty

Cossy Sat 26-Sept-26 20:01:02

Well, that last dance was ā€œinterestingā€

Don’t blame the contestant, the new girl pro has to change her style, she should have done much better choreography ! In my humble opinion, he’s definitely got style and rhythm.

Cossy Sat 26-Sept-26 20:05:24

Love this man! But his face whilst dancing grin

The dog-man!

Cossy Sat 26-Sept-26 20:15:00

I always think the first few weeks are a bit harder for the male contestants.

EllieAnne Sat 26-Sept-26 20:28:49

Not liking Johannes outfit

Calendargirl Sat 26-Sept-26 20:35:59

Lots of ā€˜the best dance of the night’ comments, for several dances.

Calendargirl Sat 26-Sept-26 20:36:44

EllieAnne

Not liking Johannes outfit

Hmm, yes, slightly OTT, even for Jo Jo.

MG55 Sat 26-Sept-26 20:37:17

EllieAnne

Not liking Johannes outfit

I love it ā¤ļø

Casdon Sat 26-Sept-26 20:47:56

There are some with great potential, I enjoyed it tonight. I didn’t realise Delta was so tall.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 26-Sept-26 20:51:18

I enjoyed the show, not a fan of JoJo’s interviews upstairs. Hopefully he will get better.

Thought Emma was good, not sure about Josh.

kittylester Sat 26-Sept-26 20:54:21

I like Josh and Emma. Jo jo is driving me bonkers.

gillgran Sat 26-Sept-26 21:02:32

Calendargirl

EllieAnne

Not liking Johannes outfit

Hmm, yes, slightly OTT, even for Jo Jo.

I would have loved to see Johannes dancing still on the show.

I've always been a keen fan of all things "Strictly".

Dolly17 Sat 26-Sept-26 21:03:06

There's some good contestants this year, not sure about the 3 presenters this week. I wanted to like them but it felt a bit clunky, especially Johannes. I wonder whether they will swap roles next week?

Primrose53 Sat 26-Sept-26 21:09:42

Can’t stand Josh Widdicombe so doubt I will be watching it this year. I stopped watching The Last Leg because he was so cringey with that silly squeaky voice and laughing at his own jokes. I liked the other presenters though.
No idea who thought he was the ideal candidate for Strictly.

dragonfly46 Sat 26-Sept-26 21:10:35

I agree with kitty. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
I have seen Jojo in his own show and love him but I don’t think he is suited to his role here. He should be dancing.

Calendargirl Sat 26-Sept-26 21:11:53

If they feel that two presenters are needed for ā€˜downstairs’, then the speaking roles should be more ā€˜equal’.

Emma seems to have the lion’s share of it, leaving Josh looking like the spare part.

I think he would be better ā€˜upstairs’, chatting to the contestants.

And Jo Jo more on hand for training and choreography advice or similar. Not sure if he is best suited to what he seems to be doing ā€˜upstairs’.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sat 26-Sept-26 22:55:23

My first foray tonight into Strictly. I enjoyed it. Good Saturday night entertainment. So many contestants. I have hardly any idea who they are but am sure that’ll come in time. I liked the dog man contestant and Danny Dyers daughter she was pretty amazing I thought. Oh and the musician (piano girl) with the gorgeous hair - her dancing was imptrssive I thought.

I like the proper judging that encourages the contestants with their balanced views, and not overly sycophantic either which was good at keeping it real.

The guy upstairs in the red dress got on my nerves (whoever he is). darlingā€ this and ā€œdarling thatā€. A real luvvie and I found him quite irritating.

Anyway as a newbie, here’s to next Saturday!

Charleygirl5 Sun 27-Sept-26 03:27:31

I have watched Strictly each year, but tonight I could only tolerate 30 minutes. I couldn't stand Jojo's outfit, didn't like him talking to the contestants, prefer to watch him dance. 3 presenters aren't needed and II can't stand Josh.

For me there was too much padding and squealing.

Mollygo Sun 27-Sept-26 08:00:10

FGT2, the guy in the red dress likes to make it all about him, even as a dance partner.
I’d still rather watch him dancing than presenting.

TillyTrotter Sun 27-Sept-26 08:06:22

Johannes is a brilliant dancer but I’m not seeing him shine at the after-dance interviewing yet.
If traditional dances are going to have interludes of ā€œtik-tokā€ aka freestyle moves the Judges are not going to like it - but it may please younger viewers who the Show are trying to attract.
I remember Len Goodman didn’t like ballroom dances ā€œmessed withā€ as he called it and was quick to say so but the producers are trying for a new fresh look this year.
I am enjoying getting to know the Celebs as I had not heard of roughly half of them.
Some fun weeks ahead on Saturday nights I think to see us up to Christmas.