Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Girl Guide leader expelled from post.

(191 Posts)
FarNorth Sun 04-Aug-19 15:01:02

A Girl Guide leader was expelled from her post for objecting to Guide policy that boys who identify as girls are accepted as being female in all circumstances, including shared sleeping and washing arrangements on Guide camps.

Do you think Guides are correct to have this policy?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7318521/Girl-Guides-leader-sue-chiefs-expelled-objecting-boys-identifying-female.html?fbclid=IwAR0ytF45dLaFyDDn4LE3mPGYWxzLshN_eDqe5zM9wgZz8bfIIU0g0VwO3Nc

FarNorth Sun 18-Aug-19 15:31:27

(Is that a first, Jane10?)

Jane10 Sun 18-Aug-19 16:25:12

We actually did agree on something fairly recently and had a laugh about it. I'm sure we'd be of one mind on a lot of things but SNP/Scottish independence isn't one of them!

FarNorth Wed 21-Aug-19 17:17:59

Bump

Gonegirl Wed 21-Aug-19 19:25:09

Really?

FarNorth Thu 22-Aug-19 10:39:25

smile Yes, why not?

FarNorth Thu 05-Sep-19 17:25:52

Over £10,000 now and 27 days to go.

www.crowdjustice.com/case/expelled-from-girlguiding/?fbclid=IwAR1tVJZANY7fuxwv2tpP6RRbrqBeuZlmflgPw9Hw4xTtz0IAuuFFom93BL8

Gonegirl Thu 05-Sep-19 17:37:12

The only "intimate care" I received from anyone in the Guides was at camp when I had my first period and an accompanying Brown Owl handed me a sanitary towel, a piece of elastic, and a couple of safety pins. She didn't offer to put the thing on for me.

Attention seeking fuss over nothing.

MissAdventure Thu 05-Sep-19 18:06:44

Disabled girls receive very intimate care.

FarNorth Thu 05-Sep-19 18:12:32

That could be because you don't have a disability, Gonegirl.

Did you have boys (transgirls) in the same tents and washing facilities?

Were you / would you be happy with that?

How about if you were taking an opportunity to do a bit of lesbian exploration with another girl who, it turned out, expected her penis to be accomodated?

That is not fantasy - there is a lot of demand, from trans activists, for 'female penises' to be accepted as lesbian.
You may not have heard about it but I assure you it is true and that young transgirls (teenage boys) are likely to have heard about it.

Gonegirl Thu 05-Sep-19 21:11:57

I would think a disabled youngster would have a qualified helper assigned to them.

Gonegirl Thu 05-Sep-19 21:13:20

I'll leave you to it FarNorth. You have obviously studied this subject in depth.

FarNorth Sat 07-Sep-19 16:47:56

I happened to see this news report about the Lesbian Strength March taking place in Leeds today.
It backs up what I said about 'lesbian penises'.

This is a quote from someone who is opposed to the idea that lesbians are natal females who are sexually attracted only to other natal females.

"We believe that everyone has a part in this lesbian community - it doesn't matter what genitals they have!"

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/more-counter-protests-in-leeds-as-lesbian-strength-and-trans-rights-groups-gather-in-city-square-1-9982062

FarNorth Mon 23-Sep-19 11:17:22

Here is an update from Katie Alcock, the expelled Guide Leader who is challenging Girl Guiding's trans policy in court :

"Thank you to all my lovely backers: we are still in correspondence with Girlguiding so I can't say much. But here's a few brief snippets:

We have sent them a full claim and it's made me feel very strongly how important it is I do this for all girls and women in Guiding. Many feel "it won't happen to me" and it's true there are probably few leaders and young members who are boys/men who identify as girls/women so they may never meet one.

But the definition of those who may join is as follows (similar for children):
"If an adult self-identifies as a woman then they are able to undertake all adult roles in guiding"
No self identification as a woman? Too bad, you can't be a leader. This brought home to me just how important this is for ALL women and girls in Guiding.

And that's even leaving aside girls who identify as trans. It's still a matter of easing them out and as we know, that's the most likely group to identify as trans.

So please please, share and donate.
I reached my initial target easily but the stretch target is essential in case we have to pay costs - that's a real risk.

And thanks again

Katie"

Fiachna50 Mon 23-Sep-19 13:21:19

I have experience of trans people men to women. I have also been in a situation where I have chatted to these ladies in a ladies toilet. I have never felt threatened or intimidated, or felt they were in there for any other reason than to go to the toilet. I believe in live and let live. That is all I have to say on the matter.

FarNorth Mon 23-Sep-19 23:28:40

That's lovely Fiachna50.
It's a pity won't want to tell us how to tell the difference between 'these ladies' and men who might identify as women in order to get close access to female children.