Gransnet forums

Chat

The very nasty Laurence Fox

(221 Posts)
BlueBelle Sat 16-Jan-21 13:25:24

I have been very limited in my title as I don’t want to be rude
Laurence Fox has now bought himself an exemption lanyard off Amazon so he doesn’t need to wear a mask I believe he hinted at anxiety although I m not sure if that’s his full reasoning He also held a party I believe at his house in November
This man is an utter disgrace

Iam64 Sun 17-Jan-21 09:47:53

definitely un pc
Give us a break, what on Earth do you mean? He’s a racist bigot. He is an over privileged white male with an inflated sense of his own importance.
I’m inclined to agree with EllenValin and Galaxy in questioning how healthy his mental health is. He looks ravaged much of the time. He bought the lanyard to keep his anti Covid stance in the media.

Galaxy Sun 17-Jan-21 09:50:41

He reminds me of the fathers for justice men who had a brief moment of publicity a few years back.

mumofmadboys Sun 17-Jan-21 09:52:17

I knew him slightly as a child. His parents worked for a Christian organisation working with students in Leeds. His parents are lovely and certainly at that time were very down to earth.

GagaJo Sun 17-Jan-21 10:11:25

Fox's media representatives and girlfriend dumped him after some of the racist things he said. It also caused problems in his family, because he has black family members. He said he would boycott Sainsburys because of their inclusivitiy advertising.

He may not actually BE racist. Who knows? But is certainly acting in a racist way. He is angling to be the male Katie Hopkins by being generally offensive, bigoted and inflammatory.

How anyone can call that 'refreshing' is beyond me.

biba70 Sun 17-Jan-21 10:17:43

''Or perhaps he’s just not afraid to speak his mind?
Actually refreshing that an actor is prepared to speak his mind in this way, he knows it’s against all ‘lovey’ traditions ...''

fighting racism when you clearly see it, is not a 'lovey' tradition Kandisnky- how utterly shameful to say this.

funny that, seems like it is always the same people who support the same ... ideas.

Yes, he and Katie - peas pods. Add a few more from here perhaps for that new party.

Lucca Sun 17-Jan-21 10:25:12

So here we go there’ll be the “PC gone mad”. “All lives matter”
“I for one....”. Along soon

Franbern Sun 17-Jan-21 10:38:23

It is a pity as I do (did) love the Lewis series. Cannot watch them anymore as, each time LF appears on my screen, I want to thrown something at the tv.

I know we should keep separate the actors and their characters, but LF is such a nasty person, I really do not want to see him at all.

Callistemon Sun 17-Jan-21 10:53:11

lemongrove

Never heard of him either ( no actor will be pleased by that!)

Lewis's sidekick in Lewis.
Lewis was Morse's sidekick.
So sidekick of a sidekick iyswim
Was married to Billie Piper until she saw sense.

GagaJo Sun 17-Jan-21 10:55:08

Yes, I always thought Billie Piper was OK. Although, Chris Evans... very dodgy taste in men.

Callistemon Sun 17-Jan-21 10:56:42

Unloved Middle Child Syndrome. Attention seeking.

I've never heard of that!
Hope my middle child doesn't hear about that, he's my favourite son.
grin

Galaxy Sun 17-Jan-21 10:57:20

I think BilliePiper has been treated appallingly since being a very young girl.

lemongrove Sun 17-Jan-21 10:59:31

This thread seems to be giving him the publicity he seems to enjoy.

Lucca Sun 17-Jan-21 11:08:49

Oh is he on gransnet ?

EllanVannin Sun 17-Jan-21 11:12:17

Riverwalk even the man's features have changed which usually denotes that all's not well within the brain area. I know people change over time but his appears to be sudden.
At one point I didn't even recognise him in a newspaper article.

EllanVannin Sun 17-Jan-21 11:15:22

People who are ill aren't always recogniseable because of the changes that have occurred in their appearance.He's gone to look old when he isn't.

EllanVannin Sun 17-Jan-21 11:16:19

* He's gone to look old when he isn't.

lemongrove Sun 17-Jan-21 11:17:44

Who knows what he looks at ?..this is a public forum
You don’t need to join to view all the content, and now and then journalists lift pieces from here for newspapers.

EllanVannin Sun 17-Jan-21 11:18:51

The man was never the same after his marriage ended to Billie Piper. I think he went downhill from then.

GagaJo Sun 17-Jan-21 11:32:27

Lucca

Oh is he on gransnet ?

Hahaha, love it.

I'm not surprised EV. He was lucky to get her and I am not surprised if losing her broke him.

Kandinsky Sun 17-Jan-21 11:38:22

I very much doubt Lawrence Fox is short of female company.
I wouldn’t worry about him if I were you.
smile

Kandinsky Sun 17-Jan-21 11:39:34

Laurence even.

NfkDumpling Sun 17-Jan-21 11:45:07

Callistemon

^Unloved Middle Child Syndrome. Attention seeking.^

I've never heard of that!
Hope my middle child doesn't hear about that, he's my favourite son.
grin

The unloved middle child apparently doesn't have a role in the family. Some psychiatrist came out with it as a theory a few years back. Something about the eldest getting everything first and the youngest being the spoilt baby. So the middle one doesnt have a role. The theory doesnt really work in this case as he's the middle one of five kids, but in a large busy family he may well have learnt to get attention by saying outrageous things.

NanaandGrampy Sun 17-Jan-21 11:46:40

I loathe this man !

This is the man who threw a party during a lockdown period and boasted about it on Twitter. THEN he apologised!!

Well of course he did , the idiot got busted !

I believe he was fined £10,000 . Should have doubled it.

This whole mask thing is appalling. It casts doubt on those who genuinely cat wear a mask. I believe Simon Hoare MP called him...and I quote " a nuclear powered prick2 and a 'selfish loathsome tool" ...... and I cant say I disagree !

Kandinsky Sun 17-Jan-21 11:56:58

He’s not the only high profile person to have broken the rules.
Rita Ora celebrated her 30th birthday with a group of friends!
Kay Burley - another one. ( an intelligent woman supposedly)

GagaJo Sun 17-Jan-21 11:57:32

Oh my goodness NanaandGrampy, that is an amazing insult. I agree with Simon Hoare.