Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Wed 07-Apr-21 06:12:16

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its a dry start here in Brackley this morning, but probably cold outside .
Today ,an easy day in, maybe shredding with new shredder , I had a call from surgery as the cardiac had sent them a letter s to dosage of betablockers , due to my irregular heartbeat .
Should pick up all the prescriptions soon .
I was expecting a call as to my 2nd covid jab , but not yet .
Had an enjoyable hour out on the bus yesterday as well.
Mick

Kalu Wed 07-Apr-21 08:26:10

What an interesting day at the museum Ashcombe and pleased to hear it went well, especially the opportunity to have some time with friends again, lucky you, I had no idea you were allowed such freedom to meet up with friends indoors, we are still patiently waiting for garden visits. ?

Alygran Wed 07-Apr-21 08:27:18

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is shining but the cold wind is still blowing.
I’ve been to stay with DD2 for the weekend. Managed to catch up with DD1 and her family too. It was lovely to see them all. I was helping DD2 in her garden on Monday and took a lump out of my finger with the secateurs. Ouch!
The swans are back on the river near the village. I hope they stay and we get some little ones.
Harrigran I’m glad to hear your DS is home. Lovely cross stitch Sar.
Will do a bit of tidying up in the garden this morning then go for a walk when it warms up.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 07-Apr-21 08:33:06

Good morning everyone from a very cold (-4 at the moment) Oxfordshire we had a bit of a blizzard yesterday but it didn’t settle, just swirled around a bit.
Just a day of cleaning today, hoping that DD1 and her other half will be able to come up at the weekend and camp out in the garden, if it’s too cold we have the ‘garage’ which is carpeted and heated, they will have to use a bucket in the night though!
They are coming to collect masses of building materials that we had left over from some projects last year, let’s hope the wood etc isn’t all frozen together .
Good news is that we have a (different?) hedgehog in our hedgehog house, so I put some cat food out for it last night and the dog promptly went out and covered it all in twigs and dead leaves, let’s hope it found it, it’s too cold to go out and look at the moment.
I will read the earlier posts later. Wishing everyone a warm and safe day.

Gelisajams Wed 07-Apr-21 08:34:35

Good morning from a bright icy Morecambe Bay. I’m supposed to be gardening in Keswick having arranged it last week. I didn’t think it would be so cold! I’m hoping they message and re arrange.
Love the cross stitch Sar. I can’t believe it’s only taken 3 months. I take forever as my enthusiasm comes in fits and starts. I’m still working on the guidelines on mine and I’ve had it a week now!
Pleased your son is homeHarrigran and hoping Marydolland Cherry have had a decent night and are feeling stronger.
Take care everyone and stay safe ???

hollysteers Wed 07-Apr-21 08:38:51

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny but cold Lancashire northwest coast.
I think you may have been a spy at some time Mick, there’s a lot of shredding going on! Or possibly all your old love letters?
The roofers will be here any minute, so another day of banging and upset. I certainly won’t be spending time in the garden even if it was warmer.
Such a treat last night as son cooked a lovely meal of chicken, roasted vegetables etc. Then we battled our wits against those 10 year old geniuses on University Challenge.
My delicate stomach is playing up as it does regularly so I will match it with a delicate day of watercolour painting.
Better news harrigran and hope things ok with Cherry, Marydoll, Georgesgran, dragonfly and anyone with troubles.

Greyduster Wed 07-Apr-21 08:42:22

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Wall to wall sunshine in South Yorkshire, but my, it’s cold! I woke up with a very sore hip this morning - no idea what has brought that on, but we don’t have a lot planned for today. DH has his second jab this evening. I should get mine soon. It snowed here yesterday afternoon but it didn’t settle. Easter weather, eh? Have a good safe day folks.

ginny Wed 07-Apr-21 08:43:05

Good Morning from chilly, slightly frosty N. Bucks. Yesterday we had all four seasons during the day .
Had a productive day at home yesterday so I shall just let today unwind and probably indulge in some craft. DH is off to golf.
Hope you all find a ? today.

Nannytopsy Wed 07-Apr-21 08:45:17

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Another sunny day in Suffolk but like everyone says, it’s cold!
I ironed a piece of fabric yesterday, to cut out a dress for DGD only to find there are at least two flaws, a patch of holes and an area of streaky dye. It wasn’t cheap either, so today I must do something about that. I am not sure that I can work round both areas.
I slept like a log last night which was such a treat ?.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Lins1066 Wed 07-Apr-21 08:46:49

Good morning Mick and all from the S Welsh coast, it is set to be a little milder than yesterday. We took the puppy for a walk but the wind was icy, dodged the snow showers and gave him a bath when we got home.
Glad your son is home harrigran. Lovely cross stitch Sar my late fil used to do them.
Hope everyone keeps safe and have a good day. Take care Cherry.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 08:47:26

Kalu, I too found it interesting that our English friends have so much more freedom than us, as in Ashcombe's museum visit. I have totally lost touch with what's allowed.
However, impatient that I am, I think I prefer NS' more cautious approach.

dragonfly46 Wed 07-Apr-21 08:50:48

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire. I didn’t wake up til 8.30.

Had a fun social on zoom yesterday with the book club.
Reflexology today but probably the last free one as the volunteer who does it is going back to work next week. I am happy for her as she has been volunteering for a long time.
Then a man is coming to look at our rotten gate post!

Great news your son is home Harri.
Sorry to hear your infusion has been cancelled Mary. I take daily tablets.

dragonfly46 Wed 07-Apr-21 08:54:01

Marydoll we are not allowed to meet up with people indoors I didn’t think Marydoll. The rule is up to 6 outside only. Shops, hairdressers etc opening next Monday and pubs, cafes can then serve outside only.

Ashcombe Wed 07-Apr-21 08:54:18

Regarding the museum visit, we were socially distanced and masked at all times and we used handgel on arrival but we probably have overstepped the mark as there were three households represented. Our contact details were recorded.
Apologies if my eagerness to share my happy news has raised concerns.

Ashcombe Wed 07-Apr-21 08:59:28

My understanding is that two households may meet indoors since 29th March in England. Our theatre committee chairman has been notified that volunteers may meet indoors if precautions are observed so, we could certainly justify it on those grounds.

Ellianne Wed 07-Apr-21 09:02:30

Good morning from Devon. A walk by the River Otter today. The word "otter" means water in old speak, which is weird because otters and beavers live there too.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 07-Apr-21 09:03:02

Outdoors only I’m afraid , no indoor meetings yet.

Grandmabatty Wed 07-Apr-21 09:04:31

Good morning all. It's -1° in Polmont with grey skies. Yesterday we had snow flurries off and on most of the day.
Harrigran good news that your ds is home. Sar I love your cross stitch. I have done them for years but my eyesight isn't as good now so I tend to do smaller ones. Marydoll I've never heard of anyone looking forward to a mammogram! Good shopping ahead.
Yesterday was a babysitting day but dgs wasn't his usual self. We did go to the park in the morning, minus the fish man Kate! However he wasn't that fussed and we left after an hour. He wouldn't nap and had many dirty nappies so he's either coming down with something or teething. We had lots of cuddles in the afternoon.
Today I'll visit mum. Then later there will be a WhatsApp chat with friends. Lemon sole for tea. And that will be Wednesday. Have a good day all.

Anniebach Wed 07-Apr-21 09:05:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grammaretto Wed 07-Apr-21 09:08:45

Hello and Good Morning from the Scottish Borders where it is still freezing -1°C.
I wish we could meet indoors. I bet many are.
The painter has just arrived and he mentioned having a drink with his friend......
We are allowed to meet another household in our gardens, I think.

Hairdressers, garden centres, homeware shops can open now but not museums, galleries, cafes or anything nice
and as for having a coffee and cake with a few friends indoors!

I made a faux pas while out on my walk. I met a df with her DS and greeted him with "Hello, how lovely to see you, You live in Glasgow now don't you!" there was an embarrassed silence.

I love quilts too. I made one once for a baby's pram but I own several which I have bought at craft fairs.
I am onto the sleeves of the sweater I'm knitting and don't know what to make next. Perhaps a little mouse. All the P1s in our county are receiving a knitted mouse when they start school.

I am glad your day out was fairly successful Marydoll
and very glad to hear that DS is back home Harrigran

I look forward to news of the new bull sheepandcattle
I hope the day goes well.

FannyCornforth Wed 07-Apr-21 09:12:52

Good Morning Everyone from me in Derby.
Ellianne that is really interesting about the word otter, I will do a little bit of research into that!
Sar, that cross stitch is utterly fabulous! Like Mary, I'd more than happily give it a home!
I've always had disastrous results with cross stitch; I always get into such a mess and it gets all tangled up at the back.
(I always read the GM thread, but rarely comment as my life is so dreary (nice though!) even by lock down standards!)
Hope that we all have a good day x

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Apr-21 09:14:00

Morning Mick and all

Beautiful blue sky but very chilly here in my corner of S E Essex. In door pottering today but I will not be able to concentrate as I plan to drive to Hertfordshire tomorrow to visit my darling sister, it’s been 8 long months and I am so excited ? (they have a huge garden with lots of covered sheltered seating, which I think we will need)

Beautiful cross-stitch Sar good news about your son GM how disappointing Marydoll no cakes and a closed butchers!!!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Apr-21 09:15:06

Oops no idea where GM can from sorry Harrigran

FannyCornforth Wed 07-Apr-21 09:21:08

Btw, is anyone else finding the site rather tricky and slow today (and yesterday)?
Everything seems to take a few 'go's'
and then it's slow to respond.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 09:23:51

Grammaretto, that was indeed a faux pas! They were right to be embarrassed. No wonder we can't get Covid under control.
My son's colleague's mother was fined £1000 by police recently for travelling from North Ayrshire to Glasgow to shop! That's not just a few miles, but less than the journey your friend's son made The police were catching people coming off the motorway and going into the retail park. That was an expensive lesson.

I need to get off my high horse now!!! This is a discussion for another thread.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 09:24:30

Yes, Fanny, the server keeps going down. It's quite frustrating.