Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning May Bank Holiday Monday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Mon 03-May-21 06:04:28

Good Morning Everyone,
This morning is looking dry at the moment but with grey skies here in brackley.
my day, some housework, and laundry plus a small shop, otherwise its stay in today, and my favourite sport is not on today, so will maybe have good nap in the afternoon.
Take Care,
Mick

Dwmxwg Mon 03-May-21 08:20:58

Crossed posts dragonfly. Glad to see your are back home. Our dog has his op tomorrow too, he is being neutered which should be straightforward but of course we still worry about our pets

Jaxjacky Mon 03-May-21 08:21:17

Good morning Mick and all, high cloud with rain and wind due later. Good you’re home pantglas go easy.
Sar what a shock to start your day! And Gaga pleased you’re on the up.
No real plans today, DH went to work an hour ago, probably boring housework, but we’re hatching a plan. We booked DD and GC’s into a mobile home for October half term in Hastings. So, we’re going to book a couple of nights in a hotel nearby and surprise them. I can’t wait for two weeks time when we can have my son, daughter and GC’s indoors and hug them all. Over a year, no hugs, it’s a long time.
Have a good day all, it doesn’t feel like a BH, enjoy all your ‘doings’ ?

Grandmabatty Mon 03-May-21 08:23:14

Good morning all. It's dull and cold in Polmont. Sar what a horrible experience for you. I hope the gentleman is ok. Brooke you are having a lovely time with family. Dragonfly I'm pleased to hear that you are home. Take care. Gagagran good to hear that you feel better today.
No babysitting duties today as dd is on holiday. Therefore today I will do some baking to replenish the tins. Scones,blueberry muffins and peanut butter cookies. Apart from that, I'll potter about. Whatever you are up to, I hope today is a good day.

grandmajet Mon 03-May-21 08:23:33

It’s looking grey here today in Notts. Not even a breath of wind, We are promised much rain later - I hope we get it this time.
Good new that dragonfly is home and gagagran is feeling better. Your children certainly can cheer you up with good news, gaga.
Well done stopping to help sar - it sounds a frightening accident to witness.
Lovely to hear of your ? beauregard. We had a pony who gave birth in our stable years ago, but she sneaked him out between our frequent visits - she was just standing there eating hay, with no foal, then half an hour later still eating hay, with foal standing looking wobbly next to her! I remember saying ‘oh, she’s done it’, so surprised!
It’s a nothing much on today for us too. A bit of housework, and I’ll go for a walk if it rains - I like walking in the rain.
Enjoy today, busy or not, everyone.

Anniebach Mon 03-May-21 08:25:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gingster Mon 03-May-21 08:28:59

Good morning from a bright , calm start here in Essex. I know it won’t last but it’s lovely at the moment.

We had a very busy day yesterday with family popping in and out. DS2 brought his new pup but our Elsie (cockerpoo) wasn’t keen on him at all. Hopefully they will get used to each other. ?

A quieter day today but with DDil and girls popping in later as DS1 and dh are going to watch a footie match. The girls are teenagers so they’ll be on their phones and mum and I will just chat.

Hope dragonfly is feeling better and is back home.

Sar what a shock for you to witness that accident, lovely of you to stop and help. ?

Brook enjoy your last day with your family and safe journey home tomorrow.

LOD very unsatisfactory ending.

Here hoping your day is carefree. ???

Ashcombe Mon 03-May-21 08:29:06

Good morning, everyone, from a bright but very breezy Whiddon Down! Whilst WiFi allows, I’ll leave a few lines.

I’m pleased you’re home dragonfly and hope things settle for you, health wise. That accident sounds ghastly, Sara53, but how kind of you to stay with the victim.

Yesterday, I enjoyed a drove over Dartmoor but saw few animals apart from the Lycra clad ones on two wheels! Then I stopped in Tavistock for a wander and sampled an ice cream from Willy's van.....! Luckily, on my return trip, the police diverted us off the A30 so I wasn’t caught up in tailbacks caused by a serious accident, which resulted in the air ambulance being deployed. Another day ruined for some poor folk.

Enjoy the “bonk” holiday, as my naughty DH, olddudders, calls them. A schoolboy at heart! ?

Beauregard Mon 03-May-21 08:35:11

grandmajet lovely to hear about your pony. Ours was out at the time and found a quiet spot in the field to give birth. Little did she know we could see her from our kitchen window and dashed up there to see two legs poking out! It was starting to get dark by the time the foal could stand and we gently walked them down to the stable, although mum wanted to stay out. Not many people witness horses giving birth as they prefer to do it while no one is around if possible, so we were lucky!

Alygran Mon 03-May-21 08:36:12

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s sunny again but rain forecast for later.
Had a lovely day with DD2 yesterday. We walked on the morning and did some garden jobs later. Roast pork last night with a nice bottle of red!
She is still asleep so not sure what today will bring. I know she has done work to do and I have ironing.
Pleased you are home Dragonfly and you are feeling better gaga.
Photo for brooke but it’s decided to be sideways on ?
Hope today is kind to everyone.Stay safe.

brook2704 Mon 03-May-21 08:43:57

Awww thank you Alygran that’s true - and made me chuckle! ?

Nannagarra Mon 03-May-21 08:43:58

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is 8C, set to reach a giddy 10C, and likely to have a lot of rain.
It’s interesting to hear your views of LoD. DH prefers to binge watch so has been steadfastly avoiding any discussion about it. My friends have been full of excitement when speculating about whodunnit.
I’ve just been listening to Iolo Williams relating the shocking news of the ospreys in Wales. At least there’ll be a replacement nesting site for them very soon.
Basic pottering about for me today - nothing taxing.
Hope dragonfly is better now. Thinking of Cherry, Marydoll and Auntieflo.
Have the best day you can everyone.
?????

Greyduster Mon 03-May-21 08:45:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Watery sunshine at the moment in South Yorkshire and then rain is forecast. We ended up getting our barbecue out yesterday. We were supposed to be going to DD’s but they prepared all the food and then found their barbie wasn’t up to the job. Cue phone call - could we bring it all over to use yours. As it happened, we managed to sit in the garden and eat it, but I noticed when they left no one said “We’ll be back in the morning to clean the barbecue!”?. Good job we love them!
Nothing doing today other than try and finished the back of a sweater I’m knitting.
Hugs for those with illness and worry, and ? for any birthdays I miss! Have a good day folks.

NannyJan53 Mon 03-May-21 08:53:45

Good morning from a very dull and grey Black Country. To be expected really being a Bank Holiday Monday,

Mums phone was found! A kind lady rang my mobile and asked 'whose phone is this'? My Mums I replied. She gave her address and took Mum over to collect. She lived about 2 miles away. Lucky it was still working, being outside overnight.

No real plans today, except we may get up in the loft and sort that out, and put winter clothes away.

Pleased you are home dragonfly and hope you are well on the mend. I have never watched LOD, so I wasn't disappointed smile

The accident sounds terribel Sar I hope the people involved are ok. So lovely of you to stop and help.

Wishing you all a good Bank Holiday Monday

cornergran Mon 03-May-21 08:56:14

Morning Mick, morning All from a windy, overcast corner of Somerset

Delighted you’re home dragonfly and you feel more robus gagagran. Horrible experience sar,

We accomplished the change to our front garden yesterday, Mr C wouldn't stop until it was done, I became a spectator at one point and chief coffee maker. We’re both very pleased with the outcome, it should mean little or no maintenance in future.

Not sure what today will bring, a wait and see day.

Take care everyone, hope Monday is gentle with us all.

BlueSapphire Mon 03-May-21 09:02:11

Good morning from a grey Northampton; it's dry at the moment but rain is forecast later. I have some washing in the machine as one of the cats deposited a furball on the mattress cover in the spare room.

Another lovely day at DD's yesterday; we went to their local garden centre, where she spent a fortune. I bought a catmint to go in a pot, but don't think I'll be able to pot it up in time before it rains. Still, it won't come to any harm.

Tried on all the stuff I bought on Saturday, and have two tee shirts and a pair of jeans to return and try to change next time I stay with DD.

No plans for today; will try to start my new book club read, and perhaps watch a film this afternoon when it rains. And I must write my monthly round robin email to my sisters and brother.

Have a good May Day holiday everyone.

grannysyb Mon 03-May-21 09:08:33

But grey here, hoping to go for a walk as the rain is scheduled for later in the day, that's if arrives here, it often misses us out completely. Sar, how kind of you, helping that poor man. DHs son and grandson came yesterday and they painted the shed on the allotment while DH did some beekeeping. DH bought a pair of converse type shoes a while ago, but he found them so uncomfortable that he offered them to his DS, too big, so his DGS tried them on and they fitted! At 13 his DGS is already taller than his father. Hope everyone has the best day possible.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 03-May-21 09:18:34

Good morning from a currently dry but overcast Scotland. Wishing you all a good Monday. Going to tackle a bit of admin namely paying bills over the phone. Having something to tick off is a great feeling. Completed one OU short course last week and about to choose another. Feel I should challenge myself and tackle a topic that doesn't immediately appeal and unlike my usual haunt of arts/social work /social care stuff. Tea already made in my head. Thank you home delivery. Take care everyone.

Grandmajean Mon 03-May-21 09:21:41

Good morning from Cheshire where it has just started to rain. Lazy start here - all the outside housework gardening done yesterday so am ok with rain today.
Haven't read any posts yet but will do so at my leisure of which I plan a lot today ( terrible sentence !)
Might finishe my really good Kindle book. DD has already finished it ( we share books ) but hasn't given away the ending.
As happy a Bank Holiday Monday as possible everyone.

Grandmajean Mon 03-May-21 09:23:24

Should have read that through - "a" not "as" and I can't spell "finish" -

Purplepixie Mon 03-May-21 09:33:41

Good morning from a very grey east Midlands. Rain ☔ on the way, thank goodness. The gardens need a good watering. Making a mince and onion pie for dinner and doing some knitting this afternoon. Stay safe and have a lovely day.

Nannagarra Mon 03-May-21 09:36:54

Welcome Purplepixie. Can you save a slice of pie for me, please, as it’s my favourite?
?

Urmstongran Mon 03-May-21 09:37:44

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry, looks chilly and heavy rain is forecast later. We will have a late breakfast and fancy bacon & egg on toast.

No plans whatsoever for today. Your idea of settling down to watch a film appeals to me too BlueSapphire. My stepfather passed me 2 carrier bags full of mum’s DVD’s for the charity shop tomorrow and I rooted through them last night and put half a dozen to one side. This one starring the late Joan Plowright appeals. It reminds me of mum so much - one of her favourite films. I’d better have some tissues beside me.

Hope everyone has a good wet Bank Holiday Monday. x

hulahoop Mon 03-May-21 09:37:53

Good to hear you are home Dragonfly I am meeting friend for a walk if rain stay away but it's looking a bit grey at the moment ?Glad you feeling better Gagagran take care everyone ?

Roses Mon 03-May-21 09:41:45

Good morning to you all on this grey wet bank holiday

Had a lovely time in snowdonia even the weather was good

My gardener is due today but won't be coming if it's raining I hope to see my grandchildren today and have some hugs

Hope all those who are poorly soon feel better and everyone has a good day

Roses Mon 03-May-21 09:44:08

Good morning Purplepixie and welcome