Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Why do some topics not move up the active thread?

(134 Posts)
vegansrock Wed 22-Sep-21 07:06:44

Why is it that the active thread is not appearing in time/ date order on some topics? Two recent comments today on one thread but it is still a listed below some topics where the most recent comment is yesterday.

vegansrock Thu 07-Oct-21 07:25:06

yes I posted on the Brexit disaster thread yesterday it came up on my screen but then disappeared and the thread didn’t move. Same this morning.

vegansrock Thu 07-Oct-21 07:27:56

Sorry it was Brexit and shortages thread which didn’t move. Maybe it’s anything with Brexit in the title.

Early Thu 07-Oct-21 08:00:31

Thanks vegansrock. I can see your post on the webpage and also embedded in the dynamic code for that page so it has registered. When I get a bit more time, I'll take a closer look at the code. If you've tried the right click thing you'll see how complex it is but I'm also intrigued to know why some thread posts register and some don't.

So, from what you are saying, this thread does sometimes show on the leaderboard. That suggests a server issue which I wouldn't be able to detect.

At the end of the day, this is a clunky site which is often slow to respond and freezes a lot. The problem is MN/GN end and not to so with the high-end device and super fast broadband I use.

I see in the 2020 MN accounts the company promises a major tech upgrade so they are acknowledging that things need to improve.

Josianne Thu 07-Oct-21 15:56:34

I just tried again on the photo thread, 10 minutes ago, and it hasn't made it to the Active Discussions board.

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Oct-21 16:09:58

I’ve just posted on there Josianne to see what happens…

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Oct-21 16:11:02

There’s definitely something about your thread, isn’t there

Josianne Thu 07-Oct-21 17:15:55

Yes, as I said before I'm sure it started to go wrong when it was categorised under Games for some reason.

boheminan Sun 28-Nov-21 12:40:47

Feeling a need to revive this thread as there doesn't seem to be be any time order going on, and a couple of recent posters - well yes, me included, are stuck at the bottom of the pile without moving anywhere, waiting to fall off, whilst others are (as should be) zooming up straight to the top. Why?