Supper inspiration - what to have for dinner?
Not sure what to have for dinner? If you're lacking in inspiration and want something quick, easy and tasty, then welcome to Gransnet's Daily Dinner Inspiration. We'll update this page daily with a tasty recipe idea as recommended by Gransnet users. Bon appetit!
Black bean stir-fry
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 150g diced chicken or quorn pieces
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Black bean sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch (or flour, rice flour, corn flour)
- 2cm fresh, finely sliced ginger (can be omitted)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or any cooking oil)
- Remove stalk and seeds from peppers and chop into pieces same size as chicken/quorn pieces.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp cold water to form paste.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Saute ginger for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add chicken/quorn and sauté for about seven minutes on medium heat, turning every minute or so.
- Add the black bean sauce, diced peppers and cornstarch paste.
- Stir fry on high heat until peppers soften. If too thick, add a little water.
- Serve with rice.
Hint: When adding flour to thicken always make up as a thin paste with cold water.
Previous dinner ideas:
Grilled sea bass
Beetroot and apple string salad
Pasta salad with basil vinaigrette
Thai green chicken curry
Chilled asparagus soup
Roasted chicken and veg
Sweet and sour chicken
Homemade hummus and pitta
Salmon in garlic sauce
Creamy lemon chicken
Chicken, kale and lemongrass stir-fry
Spicy chicken curry
Italian tomato and pesto soup
Stilton and plum tartlets
Loaded potato skins
Goat's cheese and tomato tart
Do you have a tasty recipe that you'd like to share? Add it to our recipe store cupboard.