Supper inspiration - what to have for dinner?
Not sure what to have for dinner? If you're lacking in inspiration and want something quick, easy and tasty, then welcome to Gransnet's Daily Dinner Inspiration. We'll update this page daily with a tasty recipe idea as recommended by Gransnet users. Bon appetit!
Cauliflower macaroni cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 300g rigatoni or penne
- 1 small cauliflower (sliced into florets)
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 175g grated red Leicester cheese
- 2 tomatoes (cut into rough wedges)
- Breadcrumbs (1 crust, grated, is more than enough)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and bring back to the boil. Cook for a couple of minutes. Tip in the cauliflower and cook for a further 8 to 10 minutes until both are tender. Drain and put aside. Preheat your grill.
- Put the crème fraîche, mustard and most of the cheese (keeping back a good handful) into the pasta pan. Stir and warm through over a low heat, just until the cheese starts to melt.
- Tip the pasta and the cauliflower into the cheese sauce and gently stir together. Season to taste. Transfer to a flameproof dish, scatter the tomatoes over the top, then the rest of the cheese, mixed with some of the breadcrumbs. Grill for about 5 minutes until it is brown and bubbling.
Previous dinner ideas:
Grilled sea bass
Lentil and corn salad
Asparagus, tomato and goat's cheese tartlets
Roasted cod with tomatoes and olives
Thai green chicken curry
Chicken fettuccine with pesto cream sauce
Chorizo and butter bean soup
Budget Bolognese bake
Prawn and broccoli stir-fry
Warm scallops with prawns and artichokes
Ginger and carrot soup
Barbecued salmon kebabs
Do you have a tasty recipe that you'd like to share? Add it to our recipe store cupboard.