Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone else who thinks that Boris Johnson is a complete **** and needs to resign

(247 Posts)
paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:01:33

Sorry people I am 46 years of age and have been around in political circles.

I am a mother of a fourteen year old. I have three university degrees and have lived abroad for quite some time

I feel Boris Johnson can't orgainise his way out of a paper bag and all the people I know think the same

that is my milkman, my postman the people at the local shop the people at my local school.

I honestly am not being paid for saying this, but can we all come out and say...the guy needs to go,,,asap

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:02:12

Actually I am 56

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:06:49

typo I am 56 honestly

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:11:27

my milkman will testify to my age and (mental crediblility). The sweetheart wakes me up three times a week at 7u.30 a.m. bless him .. all best painting...

paddyann Thu 17-Oct-19 23:15:50

At least half the UK agrees with you and far more than that in Scotland .Lets hope he gets his marching orders very soon

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:19:26

Hey Paddyann,
Scotland lovely. I grew up in North Wales.
It is rubbish what is happening to people in poverty and out of it. Across the board. Love Scotland. Love Wales. Love Ireland. North, South and every which way of it.
Rocking it here
Painting
x

Hetty58 Thu 17-Oct-19 23:23:00

I am permanently puzzled by this:

'Who enables these idiots to become politicians in the first place?'

Oh, and 'Why oh why?'!

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:29:48

Lets hope he gets his marching orders very soon
I personally realise that what is going on here in the media is what has been going on throughout time.

all best
painting

MawB Thu 17-Oct-19 23:32:59

.......form an orderly queue?

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:34:17

Hey MawB like your tone

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:35:49

And after my lovely milkman honestly

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 23:37:26

And my daughter honestly they think kids are stupid. Not in our house people.

paddyann Fri 18-Oct-19 01:01:53

I dont know any stupid kidsMy friends grandson and his pals were overheard talking about Boris and Brexit ....these children would put a lot of adults to shame they knew the reasons why Brexit was a bad idea for Scotland and that Boris is the English trump and a disaster for the western world ..these boys are 9 years old .
Maybe there is hope for the world with young people who are so switched on so young

Amagran Fri 18-Oct-19 01:30:01

Johnson is indeed an idiot, a disgrace of a PM and a total embarrassment to the country.

But why would he resign? - He has the backing of the Conservative Parliamentary and grassroots Party, who either genuinely think he's a good egg, or who hold their nose and support him because keeping the Conservatives in power is more important than upholding common decency, morality and the rule of law and after all, his popularity is still rising amongst the electorate. What does that tell us?

EllanVannin Fri 18-Oct-19 08:03:14

If the people hadn't have voted Brexit, he wouldn't be there would he !!

LullyDully Fri 18-Oct-19 08:09:42

My worry is if he goes, who the hell could replace him?? Time for a saviour of the British people to arise. King Arthur???

kittylester Fri 18-Oct-19 08:17:35

Whatever you might think about him, he is better than the opposition.

Moocow Fri 18-Oct-19 08:17:46

When you think it can't grt any worse along comes Boris? Theresa must be fuming.
The press is as bad as him!

What is it they say? Better the devil you know? Well not this time!

EllanVannin Fri 18-Oct-19 08:33:31

If Corbyn was in power, we'd all have a good run for our money because he'd be throwing money away ( other people's of course !) I found this happening in the mid 70's before MT came onto the scene to save the country from going bankrupt.

I say give the younger generation a taste of what it was like with strikes galore, 3 day weeks and the unions ruling the roost-----they've never lived ! If they think things are bad now.

Moocow Fri 18-Oct-19 08:41:04

I say give the younger generation a taste of what it was like with strikes galore, 3 day weeks and the unions ruling the roost-----they've never lived ! If they think things are bad now.

It might help the environment but given that they say most youngsters voted for remain isn't that harsh? Or are you just talking generally?

midgey Fri 18-Oct-19 08:59:36

I agree about Boris, but when the general election comes I have no idea who I can vote for. I don’t agree with the Lib Dems who would have been my choice so who?

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 09:15:40

I don't understand this. He's actually got a deal. Alright it hasn't gone through parliament yet, but it's a big step forward. (I am actually a remainer, but bowing to the inevitable)

If it goes through, this country can move forward.

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 09:19:50

Bit much to call him another Trump. Is he rejoicing over the dead or maimed babies and children he's been responsible for over the last couple of weeks?

Where do you people get these ideas? hmm

dragonfly46 Fri 18-Oct-19 09:20:03

midgey I am with you!

Fennel Fri 18-Oct-19 09:23:34

He won't resign, he's too thick skinned and has wanted to be PM for years.
Could be wrong though, I wouldn't bet on it.